Thursday, February 11, 2010

Only Mother Knows

I have stopped blogging for sometime, mainly because I felt lazy. I also didn't want to blog about my pregnancy just in case (tai kat lai si) if anything bad were to happened. See, I am carrying monoamniotic twins. They called it Momo twins (monochorionic, monoamniotic). A pregnancy so rare that it occurs like 1 in every 65,000 pregnancy. Both babies are in the same sac, and both umblical cords are in such close proximity. There are risks of cord entanglements and compression, which could be fatal.



The reason I write this today is just to express my feelings. I am now in week 24 of my pregnancy. Everyday, I could feel both my babies moving inside me. Sometimes, I will gently tap on my belly and they will respond with some kicking and punching. It's so, so amazing. I cried sometimes feeling them and I guess only a mother knows how it feels to be feeling them inside.

So it makes me wonder... some people can be so disrespectful to their parents. Some don't even bother to visit home. I just wonder... how sad can a mother be, when she recalled the happy times when this child was moving inside her, and only to have such an attitude after they grow up, spread their wings and fly, not looking back. Sad, isn't it?

Will be visiting my gynae tomorrow and I pray that everything will be fine. I have 10 more weeks to go before they reach 34 weeks gestation, which is considered full term for momo twins. PLEASE, PLEASE, let them make it through another 10 weeks smoothly without any issues.

9 comments:

Eileen said...

I am looking forward to meet you. Good luck gal... That Deisy better arrange.. I have been urging her few times already.

Pat, a passerby from SG said...

Pregnancy is indeed a very amazing thing. Only mummies can feel the happiness when the baby kick, moves, hiccups in her tummy. Only mummies can feel the tiredness of carrying a heavy tummy, with bloated feet, arms n all... mummies love is the greatest n no one will understand till he/she became a parent... :)

please remain happy as happy mummy - happy babies, they can feel it... all the best to you in your pregnancy... rest well...

mun said...

All the best to you for the following 10 weeks. Be positive. Happy CNY!

Ah Hong said...

Purple, happy CNY! You rest well and take care. All the best to you :)

Anonymous said...

they will be so much more interesting when they are out.. don't worry mummy.. they will be fine and cute when there are out... -cel

Anonymous said...

Big bless for you and your baby!!! Be strong and healthy!!

Maverick SM said...

Purple,

Take good care of yourself. Everything will be just fine.
God is always by your side.
Life will be far more exciting with the arrivals of the babies.
Family life will be more complete with the new addition.
It's God's amazing grace.

Carrie McGorgeous said...

Hi babes,

It's been a while since I've read your blog. Congratulations!

You and your babies have my prayers. I believe that God will be there and lead you through. He shall be your strength and peace. Do not worry as stress wouldn't help at all. Rest and pray.

Talk sweet things to your babies, they will feel you and hear you. Tell them how much you love them and want them to be healthy.

I pray you'll be well and everything will turned out according to your heart's desires. Amen!

Unknown said...

Pray the twins will be well and fine.
Always glad to see mum to a pair of twins.
Miss your blog reports on China and vacations.
God Bless