Monday, June 7, 2010

Thank You Mom!

I never realise how difficult it is to be a mother until I become one. All those sleepless nights are killing me. Suddenly, my life changed 360 degrees and I almost could not take it. I cried many times and had all the symptoms of post-partum depression.

My Mum was there to support and encourage me all the time, throughout my pregnancy till now. There were times were during midnight, I slept like a pig, couldn't hear the babies crying as I really beh tahan and was too tired. But she was there to feed and burp the babies. The confinement lady that I hired really useless. Sleep and snore like a pig. Sometimes I shout loud loud also she cannot hear... I have to shake her to wake her up. NIAMAH CCB!! I hired her to sleep more than me and my mum!

Now I really heartache to see my Mum looking so tired each day and yet, she can still do all the house work and take care of babies. I feel so sorry and really don't know how to repay her. I told her how sorry I felt and all she says was she enjoy doing all these.

Today, I was at the padeatrician clinic and I was talking to another woman, whose mother also quit her job just to help her daughter with her newborn. She told us that taking care of 1 baby is already very tiring, she can't imagine taking care of 2 babies.

I really appreciate what my Mum is doing and really don't know how to repay her.

I Love You, MUMMY!

3 comments:

mun said...

Your mother is really priceless. Not many grandmothers are willing to help out with their grandchildren, including doing the house work. Can the confinement lady be fired halfway before the confinement period is over?

Anonymous said...

congratulations to you. i wish you and babies healthy and happiness.

My wife also recently gave birth to a twin (1 boy 1 girl). i fully understand the tiredness you're going through now. (why babies sleep during day and stay awake at night?? haha)

But fret not, the joy is in the pain. it is all part of parenthood. enjoy every moment. the babies will grow very fast.

Good luck.

Horny Ang Moh said...

CONGRATULATION!Wow! A twin baby! He! He! Trust me being a mummy is very hard.........u need to adjust ur life & ur sleeping hour. I do hope both of ur baby don't want to suck ur 'nen nen' at odd hour of the night.
And being a parent will be most rewarding.
BTW how do u end up having twin??? Does the father have to 'poke' two time in quick succession???

Wish u & family all the best & please ask the daddy to look after the baby & learn new skill like changing diaper & in case of 'emergency' also lend his 'nen nen' to be suck by the baby.........I know as my 'nen nen' has be 'suck' by baby.