Qing Ming holidays, 4th-6th April, we took a trip to Xi'An, the city of the Terracotta Warriors. I brought my Mum, cousin Rachel, and we went there together with Nicole, EC and EC's friend, Simon. We woke up early in the morning and headed to airport at 6am. I was kinda pissed off coz Simon was late at the meet up point. He couldn't get a taxi coz it was raining. But why can't he booked a cab the night before? Anyways, we managed to be at airport on time but without sufficient time for breakfast.
Picture taken at airport - 4 beautiful ladies.

Flight to Xi'An took about 2 hours from Shanghai. When we reached Xi'An airport, we were greeted by the bus driver whom I booked to bring us around the places the interest for 3 days. It's a medium sized, 19 seater bus - just for the 6 of us. It was a luxurious ride :)
The first thing we did was to check-in at Bell Tower hotel, perfect location just in front of the Bell Tower within the City Wall. Took some time for the room to be ready and we went to look for food. Food was awful coz we didn't know what to eat and had a quick lunch at the food court in a nearby mall.
We went to first place of interest, Shaanxi Provincial Museum. This place was free of charge, and just like any other museum, it introduces the history of Xi'An, previously known as Chang An and it's emperor, dynasties, etc.
Here are some pictures taken, some of which courtesy of Mr Qua, aka ‘EC’. Have to give him some credit else he will not share his photos next time. Ha!



Candid picture taken by EC. I like it coz it's natural...




Our next destination is the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, the temple of the Tang Monk, the master of the famous ‘Monkey God’.

Mum, Simon and EC.
Beautiful flowers within the area of the temple.
I love this picture, looks as though I'm floating in the air.
Another candid picture taken by EC while I pose for Nicole on another camera. Very natural, just like I'm modeling for some ad, ya.

We were tired for the day and went to look for food at the nearby Muslim west street. I must say this place is really crowded and having lots of things to see, but I didn’t like it coz it was dirty.

We had dinner at one of the Muslim restaurant and ordered BBQ lamb. Not bad at all.
Xi'An has a very colorful and bright night life. It's rather happening.

This is the end of Day 1. Coming up, Day 2… have to break this post into 2 as I haven’t enough time to load of pictures in. Pics from EC’s camera are quite large due to high resolution and I didn’t want to resize them to preserve the good quality.


6 comments:
eh I like the photos with the purple flowers behind one. so natural!
And, you and your mom look great in red shirt! hehehe....
Can I ask, how you managed to book the tour bus to bring you around in there?
I love that picture your floating on the brick :p nice shot leh
Elizebeth: Yes, I learn to wear bright clothes on trips. So u look better in photos. Hehe!
Jam: I got it from the tour agent. They provide bus service. Cheap!
Ah Hong: Thanks.. I have been busy lately so did not read your blog. Will do so next week when I have time.
candid shot's still the best.
wow! love ur photos! they're all very nice! =D
Post a Comment