Day 2 of our Xi’An trip started off with breakfast at McDonalds (haha!) Ok… we departed at 9am and headed to the Terracotta Warrior site. The ride took about an hour before we finally reached the main destination for this trip.
This place is amazing and me being the second time here, I still find it truly amazing with great stories and history dating back to 3000 years ago. We managed to hire a very, very good tour guide who told us interesting stories in his very own interesting way. He was so good that everyone stopped to listen to our guide, which actually made me feel rather agitated coz we paid him.

There comes to a part where the story really made me felt sad. Not far away from the site where they discoverer the Terracotta Warriors, there is a site where they found human skeleton, stacked up to 4 levels of skeletons. Most of them are in different positions, giving signs that these people were buried alive. They believe that these skeletal remains are the sculptors of the Terracotta. Emperor Qin Shih-Huang wanted to keep this a secret and therefore summoned for all the people involved in the sculpture to be killed. It is really sad.

Our next destination was the Huaqing Pool, where the famous Yang Gui-Fei (Yang Concubine) bathed. It’s like the Roman Bath… but this is the Chinese Bath!



Some foreigners trying on ancient clothings and posing. It's fun watching them.
Our last destination for the day is the Ancient City Wall surrounding Xi’An city center.
I love this particular shot taken by EC. Beautiful and natural. I felt like a model...




View from above the wall.
We were starving after the last destination and guess where we had dinner? Pizza Hut!!! Darn! We couldn’t find a better restaurant and also didn’t want to walk any further because we were all too hungry.
After dinner, we went to a pub near hotel and had a couple of drinks. We had a total of 18 bottles of Budweiser – just the 6 of us. Darn cheap… cost RMB240 only. (that’s RM120) A couple of singers sang there and they’re really good singers! We had a really good time.
I love this trip. I had so much fun with Mum. Mum is going home this Friday. I will miss her…


5 comments:
So nice! How wish I got time to go holiday...
Terra cotta soldier got wake up like The Mummy movie or not..lol :D
ohH!!! i went to the mini version in shen zhen!! hehehe =D
i wana go on holiday tooo!!!
Wow, so many terra cotta warriors! I wish to be there in the near future!
Nice photos - they really captured the moments of your happiness.
Thanks for dropping by. The flowers in Japan are really beautiful. It is wonderful to see how Japanese enjoy their cherry blossoms.
Post a Comment