Saturday, March 15, 2008

Recognition

For the past months, I have been sibeh hardworking. I have put in a lot of effort into my project and have been working late almost everyday to make it a successful one. The project finally went live on March 1st, within budget and on schedule.

Today, there was a recognition award at my company's monthly employee meeting. My effort was recognized and I was being awarded with a gift.



I told my hubby and the first question he asked was did I get a Tag Heuer or something like that. I told him how I wish... it was just a lousy watch with a company logo on it, which I will never use. How I wish I am being awarded with money instead... haha.

My Hubby says it does not matter what I get. What matters is the recognition. I guess it's true. Though I will not use this watch, but I feel happy that my boss appreciated my effort. It really gave me a lot of motivation to continue putting in effort into my job.

We went for karaoke to celebrate the end of the project, and also a beginning of another. Phase 2 of the project is starting soon, and I'm glad that I've laid a good foundation from Phase 1. I will continue to pour in effort in the next phase. Well done to myself!
.

5 comments:

zewt said...

i have to say your hubby is too simple minded and rather naive...

it has been going on for ages that employers give worthless things to employees and call it recognition. another thing that asians will fall to is recognition in terms of title... give them a canggih title and that's it... continue to work like a dog... i will be blogging about this soon.

but then again, at least they didnt recognise your effort with more work...

Maverick SM said...

Supergirl! You never stop getting award...I envy lah.

Huei said...

kudos!!

well..zewt has a point. ur boss should've given u incentive/bonus or increment! hehehe =)

but anyhows..at least u have something..most co in msia will think U owe them..and U HAVE to work hard..it's ur job

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Purple~MushRooM said...

Zewt: Not worthless la. The watch is worthless. But I did get good bonus and increment. It's very good.. the best and better than all my previous malaysia employment.

Maverick: Shopaholic is the one who never stop getting award. This is my first award ever!!!

Huei: Ada bonus... very good bonus somemore.

Smartphone: Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you will continue to drop by.