In my previous post, I mentioned that I received recognition for my hard work. Though it's a lousy gift, but I was still happy that my boss and my company appreciate my hard work. Today, I returned the appreciation to 2 other person in another part of the world.

My project involves people from US, Ireland, India and of course, China. The developers are all based in India and throughout the project, I have been pushing them to deliver what was needed. I did fire out a few nasty emails to their bosses because sometimes I was darn pissed with their slowness and unresponsive attitude. Irregardless, they did deliver everything to me on time before the code-freeze deadline. They are indeed very helpful.
I sent out an email of appreciation today. I sent to the 2 India developers who worked on my technical needs and copied their boss. I mentioned that without their hard work and effort, we will not be able to deliver what was needed on time. I thanked them.
One of the developers sent me a message to thank me for the email. He said it was really motivating for him. He was really happy that his hard work is being recognised. I realised it's really easy to keep the team working happily. Just a simple email of gratitude and recognition which took me less than 5 minutes to draft and hit the send button. I am happy I did that, because I realised that small doings like this, really does made someones day.


2 comments:
You did the right thing.
In corporate project success is due to teamwork and cooperation of all stakeholders.
We can't take all the credit if we are recognized, for the success is an entire effort.
It is always important, and must be part of our values to credit those others who deserve it. And of course, we motivate them too.
it's good to get some motivation once in a while! =D
Post a Comment