Monday, October 6, 2008

Oct 08 - Jiuzhaigou

Jiuzhaigou (九寨沟)

Day 3 and 4 was spent in Jiuzhaigou. This is truly a place where I will refer to as Paradise and Heaven on Earth.

The scenery here is simply spectacular, awesome, stunning, out of this world, jaw-dropping, fantastic, wonderful, magnificent, astonishing, peaceful, surreal, breathtaking; and there can be so many more words to describe it.

I will just let the pictures do the talking…but even the pictures cannot truly tell the beauty of this place. You really have to see it for yourself. The scenery is really many times more beautiful than what I have captured with my camera.



Shuzheng Lake - 树正海

Shuzheng Fall - 树正瀑布



Tiger Lake - 老虎海


Long Lake - 长海



Five Colored Lake - 五彩池




Nuorilang Fall - 诺日朗瀑布


Swan Lake - 天鹅海





Arrow Bamboo Lake - 箭竹海
This is the place where Zhang Yimou directed the movie 'Hero', the scene where Maggie Cheung lies in the middle of the lake while Jet Li and Tony Leung were battling.


Panda Waterfall - 熊猫海瀑布



Panda Lake - 熊猫海










Five Flower Lake - 五花海






Pearl Shoals Beach - 珍珠滩


Pearl Shoals Waterfall - 珍珠滩瀑布


Mirror Lake - 镜海




Dragon Lake - 双龙海




8 comments:

Shopaholicfern said...

wow! 9-zai-gou is really nice wor...i should send my parents there next year after CNY.
My mom will love the beautiful scenery :-)
Gal, u're lucky u can make it there...

zewt said...

i have always thought europe has got one of the best countryside view... and probably new zealand. i guess china has got its own treasures too ....

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that the magnificent beauty of JZG was not affected by the Sichuan Earthquake. Do you see any track of earthquake damage now? So you flied to JZG, is the spot still not accessible by road?

Purple~MushRooM said...

Fern: Your mom will love this place.

Zewt: It is Unesco World Natural Heritage site. Very beautiful indeed.

Jam: I didn't see any earthquake damage. And yes, the spot is still not accessible by road. We need to fly there.

Huei said...

ohhhh cool!! all ur photos looks like those we get in magazine n stuffs..photoshopped

never knew that there were such beauty naturally!!! =D

amazing!!!!

Anonymous said...

I heard that the journey there is really dangerous? If this true? And of course, the toilets are typical MIC (Made in China) ones... filthy...

Purple~MushRooM said...

Huei: Yes... a friend of mine thought that those photos shown in magazine are photoshopped, until she saw my photos. They are real!

Ivy: I heard the bus journey from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou is dangerous. But I took a flight to jiuzhaigou. Nothing dangerous about that.
The toilets in Jiuzhaigou are surprisingly clean and environmental friendly. They dont' use water to flush. The toilets are specially designed to have a 'water-less' flush. You have to experience it yourself to know what I mean. They are really clean.

Anonymous said...

Thanks 4 ur reply. Good to hear that it's not as dangerous as I've heard. Will definitely consider this place next time..