Flashback of my year 2008:
January 08 which started off with a wonderful countdown in HK. Then we have the heavy snow storm in Shanghai which made me walking like a penguin to work.
I escaped the snow storm in February 08, landing back in our warm home country, Malaysia. CNY celebration was good, and to top that with our own political sex scandal and Edison Chen's sex scandal made it even more interesting.
March 08 wasn't a very eventful month, but I visited Shanghai Flower Port with Hooi Hooi, EC, Deisy and Winston. At least there was some memories.
April 08 was my wonderful Macao Venetian trip where I also enjoyed Jay Chou's concert. A great month which I wished I could re-lived!
May 08 was an eventful month, where I had a great vacation at Yangshuo, full of water and mountain and hot air balloon. Benny visited Shanghai as well and we had fun. This is also a disaster and tearful month in China, where the Sichuan earthquake struck and killed thousands.
June 08 - I started my low carb diet and started going for slimming session. It worked. I bought new pants, 1 or 2 size smaller as a result of this. Happy! Blogger Carrie also visited Shanghai and we went out shopping for a day.
July 08 is where I grew a year older. Again, an uneventful month, not because I was older by 1 year, but because it was a month full of work and no play.
August 08 was great. It was the Beijing 2008 Olympics and I also went back to homeland for a week of great food and family happiness. This was also the month where I dyed my hair back to basics - black!
September 08, one month after the Beijing Olympics, I visited Beijing. The environment was great and I was really impressed with clean and beautiful Beijing. I conquered the Great Wall (not all of it but at least I made it to the end!)
October 08 was a month full of travelling. I went to Huanglong and Jiuzhaigou with Deisy and Jay in the beginning of the month and ended the month with a Nanjing trip with EC, Nicole, Wendy and Keng Fei. It was also the month where I skipped the company trip to Dalian because I was exhausted with travelling.
November 08 was too good, too short! I went to London with Hubby's business trip and had a really great time there. Love it! It was one of my best trip of 2008 and I have only spent a small amount of money for this trip because we saved on hubby's air ticket and accommodation.
December 08 - present.. sitting at my desk, shocked at how fast time flies. I just had my department dinner last week and the same dinner that happened a year ago was like something that happened just yesterday. Boss got drunk again, a dejavu of 2007.

Now this is really scary. Time flies, but I am glad year 2008 was a fruitful and eventful year for me. It was also a year full of economic downturns. Financial crisis hits and will last throughout the next year. We are currently in the Great Depression II. Because of this, I am trying hard to reduce spending and thus will not have a splendour 2009 countdown. It's gonna be an uneventful 2009 welcome party for me for I will be staying home this year. Now, I am just looking forward for 2009 CNY holidays... where I will once again escape the brutally cold weather here and head back to warm homeland.


2 comments:
the great wall... i heard there is no toilet until the end right... got guys... that's a tough challenge...
hope u have a GREAT 2009!!!!
i was just doing my summary post..n now u're the 2nd blog i read with this! time to finish up mine for tomorrow's post! heheh
my hair extension..mine was stucked on..because stupid ppl who did it for me did so that way so i carried on. i think clips r the best way for now..but they hurt cos then u'll have like little clips all over one layer of ur hair!
yah it's reusable..esp if u clip it on. mine is kinda "melted" on..so i try to carefully remove it from my hair..then melt the tip again to reshape it..but the sticky thing tends to become less n less if u burn it..so best way is still to clip it on.
can wash hair with it wan..but it'll be uncomfortable..u can't really scratch ur scalp that well..but that's only for 1 layer of hair..the rest r ok! heheh
try get it done in china!! i read cheeserland..she got it for like less than RM1 for 1 strand leh! i kena con >.< so bad
Post a Comment