I was watching episode 32 of TVB’s Gem of Life (珠光宝气). My Hubby really beh tahan Jessica (Ada Choi) and her mum’s materialistic character.

I told him that maybe Jessica is really in love with Martin despite his age (he is older than her father!) and she did not marry him just for his money. My Hubby says bull-shit. All young women who married old fugs are just in love with the money rather that the old man. Moreover, Jessica planned everything out just to get close to Martin.
Now I come to think that this is really the general perception that everyone, including myself have. Whenever we see a young woman with a wealthy old man, we would have instantly concluded that she is for the money.
Could there be any real case where the girl is really in for love? Or is it just money all the time? Could it be that she fell for him because she adores him for his maturity, his intelligence, his sense of humor, etc. Or could it be lust?
Hmmm… I do not know. So far, I have not come across any old man whom I would adore for the above qualities. Not even for the money.
Anyway, I also beh tahan Constance (Gigi Lai) for being such a goodie-goodie gal in this drama. Come’on! Why care that your sister marries your boyfriend’s father?
I can’t wait to see how this drama ends. I hope TVB will have a good and meaningful ending for this. Oh... on the other hand, I am also watching The 4400 series. All four seasons of it. This is really, really good… it’s a combination of Heroes and Lost. Very mysterious and intriguing. Can’t wait for the ending as well.


3 comments:
that's right, i was just going to point out... have we all met any young girl who seriusly married an old man for his charm and sense of humour before?
anyway, it's just a drama lah... and gigi lai always play that pityful kinda character, her crying and all... reminds me of nicholas cage.
Series only ma, don't so kan cheong. Anyway the real world is like that, majority go for money because it can makes you feel safe.
heyho...long time no blog ler ;)
i'm watching that drama on AOD too.
I think Jessica wants to marry rich. who doesn't?
Sometimes, when we plan and scheme, in the end, we really fall for it.
young girl who married old man?
what about Siti Nurhaliza?
she's rich and famous herself. don't have to marry D.K if she's not in love with him.
i'm also a good example leh...i kinda like old men...hahahaha...
they're more matured, more tolerable and patient, more sexy in a way. kakakaka.....just that i've not found my old man yet...oh, but must be rich and successful ah.
Post a Comment