Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Google Yourself

Tomorrow is the beginning of a long weekend in China. Which means, many of my friends, including myself are not in the mood for work at this time. I received an email from DL (since her company blocked MSN, we chat using email) telling me that she is bored and sleepy. I told her that I was playing Metropolis on Facebook, but her company blocked Facebook too. Poor DL. So the only way that she could stay entertained is to Google.

Yeah… but what to Google? Easy, Google the name of your friends, your enemies, your long lost school mates, etc. I know… it’s darn ‘mou-liu’. But it’s indeed very fun when you’re really bored.


I tried Googling some long lost friends. Most of them appeared as Facebook search results, some not available at all and there are even some who appeared on internet news!! Amazing and amusing! Also, try Google images and type in your name. Am sure you will find tones of your own pics, most of it from Facebook and Flickr pics.

It’s indeed a good way to kill time. But after I experiment with this, I really have no respect for Google anymore. All your information and pictures are made available so freely over the internet at Google search engine. Yeee… feel so exposed now.

2 comments:

cheeliew said...

That's the power of internet! As I told you, you can even find someone's salary on the web! Kekeke

zewt said...

it's actually very scary to know that your face can be easily obtained from the internet.