- How much SPF is enough?
- What is PA, PA+, PA++, PA+++?
- Is your sunscreen a physical or chemical block?
- Do you apply your sunscreen before or after moisturizer?
The trickiest question is question 4. I have asked ‘N’ number of friends and all of them told me it’s the last thing to apply. WRONG! Whether it’s the first or last thing to apply, it really depends on whether the sunscreen is a physical or chemical sunscreen. And you need to know the ingredients to get the answer.

Physical sunscreen is the one that blocks away the UV rays. It is those sunblock that often leaves a white cast on your face, and it generally does not offer much UVA protection. This is the greatest down side because UVA are the biggest culprit that causes wrinkles!!! Active ingredients are zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.
If you are using physical sunscreen, it goes as the last step on your skincare regime. If you are using chemical sunscreen, it has to go first, because it works best when in contact with skin.
I am currently using Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection. It’s a physical sunscreen. I also have a sample of Vichy UV Pro chemical sunscreen containing Mexoryl, but I have yet to try it. Don’t wanna slap my skin with all these chemical all at once. Later breakout then I die!!
So you see, the more I know, I more frustrated I get. Coz I want full protection from UVA and UVB, and physical sunscreen can’t give me that. Will try on chemical sunscreen once I get the chance. Weather is changing now, I don’t dare to be too adventurous with my skin.


4 comments:
I will go back home and check what type is mine!!
You making me nervous...
Thanks for this informative post. I just realise that I never use any sunscreen, sunblock or moisturizer under the hot sun in M'sia.
hmmm... good info.
but then right, need to know... wat is UVA, UVB and UVC?
walauwei! sibeh complicated ah! dun understand %^&*$%^&
why you all zhabo so complex one ah. i just know how to apply sunblock only...sigh
Post a Comment