Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Super Low Humidity

Beijing, famously known for its low humidity air quality. It has been one month since I officially moved to Beijing and here are some of my experiences on the city’s low humidity.

Washed my jeans and left it indoor. Jeans dried after couple of hours. OMGosh!!

The air is super dry. So dry that it’s sucking away every single drop of moisture out of my skin. My skin became koyak in Beijing. I have to change my sunscreen product. I was previously using Sofina Beaute UV Cut Emulsion SPF24PA+++ and I loved it until I moved to Beijing. This product is really not suitable to be used any longer.


I changed to Shiseido Super Smooth Sun Protection Cream SPF38PA+++. Though it's good, Im still not truly satisfied yet. Every girl out there would know the pains and process of getting the right sunscreen for your face.



I even bought the super expensive Cosme Decorte Moisture Liposome, costing a whopping >USD100 for a 40ml bottle. I must say this is a star product. It helps tremendously! Love this product and it's the best serum I've used in my life in terms of moisturizing power.


I am also using My Beauty Diary face mask everyday. Thank God this brand is so affordable here in China that I can use it on a daily basis.



Can’t say that I’m totally satisfied with my Shiseido sunscreen now as its too early to tell if it’s working for me. But I’m sad that I had to leave my Sofina Beaute sunscreen. Perhaps I will use that in summer when it’s humid in Beijing.

4 comments:

zewt said...

sounds like i am going to have bleeding nose and throat when i am there.

mun said...

Do keep us updated on the Shiseido sunscreen. I was in Beijing during Christmas 03. It was so cold that I couldn't remember whether it was humid or not. Have you tried the Quan Ju De Duck yet? Keep up the interesting stories about Beijing. Would want to visit it again one day.

Purple~MushRooM said...

Zewt: Yes, you better be prepared for that. Some of my friends had nose bleed the moment the step out of the plane! Also, please get Mrs. Zewt to bring some richer moisturizer for her face. It should be entering winter by that time.

Mun: Thanks for dropping by. Quan Ju De duck is the worst peking duck I have ever tasted. The best Peking duck is actually Da Dong. I love the food and the ambiance. Mr Zewt above will be visiting Beijing next month and that is where I plan to bring him.

mun said...

You are welcome, I'm glad I found your blog - it is very nice to read. Oh, thanks for the info. Will try Da Dong Peking duck the next time I go to Beijing. Thanks also for your comments on my blog. Something seem to be wrong with my blog, I can't seem to display the comments even though I get them in my email but I will answer your questions as blog entries.