First post for 2008 and a summary of my HK trip; Shopping, shopping, shopping and shopping!
Hong Kong - I only have 1 word to describe this city; Amazing! It's really, really amazing, especially on New Year’s Eve night. I have never seen such beautiful night scene. It's like musical fountain, except that it's musical buildings here in HK. The building lights and fireworks are synchronized to the music. I have never been to such a fantastic new year countdown.
First day of arrival on 30th Dec, I just leave my bags at the hotel lobby without going into my room and started to go shopping. I went to get all the stuffs that the girls in my office asked me to help them buy. Then I bought my own skincare and cosmetics. Elizebeth DL is right. The salesgirl in HK can really up sell. I bought more than I needed and over budget.

Hong Kong - I only have 1 word to describe this city; Amazing! It's really, really amazing, especially on New Year’s Eve night. I have never seen such beautiful night scene. It's like musical fountain, except that it's musical buildings here in HK. The building lights and fireworks are synchronized to the music. I have never been to such a fantastic new year countdown.
First day of arrival on 30th Dec, I just leave my bags at the hotel lobby without going into my room and started to go shopping. I went to get all the stuffs that the girls in my office asked me to help them buy. Then I bought my own skincare and cosmetics. Elizebeth DL is right. The salesgirl in HK can really up sell. I bought more than I needed and over budget.
Passed by the ICAC building that we always see on TVB movies and I also queue up for about an hour to go up to The Peak just to take some pictures for remembrance and to post on my blog!
Beautiful view of Hong Kong Island from The Peak.
I stayed in Kowloon and up till midnight, the entire street was brightly lit and shopping malls and stores are still open for business.
On new year's eve, it was all about shopping again. I couldn't get a lot of stuffs as everywhere was on sale and there are many people. Feels just like Shanghai. People are crazily queuing up at Gucci and LV stores because of the discounts. I queued too just to get my colleague the wallet that she wanted. HKD1900 after discount for her Gucci wallet. Considered cheap. Saw our Star Cruise from the Ocean Terminal.
At night, I went to the Avenue of Stars for countdown. Holly Cow!! Really feels like China. It was so-so crowded! Like I've mentioned earlier, the night scenery in HK was really amazing. The fireworks display, the lights on the buildings, etc... this is the best new year's countdown I could remember.
On the last day, it was still about shopping. We still managed to go to the final shopping destination and Hubby bought his Timberland jacket. Then we went to the airport and it was shopping again! I saw a Coach bag and love it! But I did not get it because I thought it was a waste of money. Now I really regret! Darn!!! Should have bought it. It was only HKD2800. Cheap. I shop until I almost miss my flight. The gate was darn far and I have to run all the way to the gate as the final call for boarding was announced. Phew!
On board Dragon Air, there was both pleasant and unpleasant experience. Pleasant experience, I got both vanilla and chocolate Hagen Daaz ice cream because Hubby didn't want his. Yum!!!
Then I still wanted to shop from the in-flight shopping list. I wanted the Dior 5 set of lipsticks. But when it comes to my turn, the captain announced for the cabin crew to be seated for landing. The air-stewardess came to me and say “对不起,我们没有时间卖给你。谢谢。” (Sorry, we don't have time to sell to you. Thank you.) KNN! Don't even give me the chance to enjoy the very last minute of HK shopping experience.
I finally reached SH and it was like darn cold!! Last night temperature dropped till -2 degrees. Was busy unpacking and my first day at work in 2008 was a bit clumsy... shall blog about it later.
Overall, my HK trip was fantastic! It was a great way to end the already fantastic 2007 and a great start for 2008! Love it!!!
.


11 comments:
ICECREAM!!!
wah! isit a good thing u couldnt buy the lipstick since u edi went pass ur shopping budget? =P hehehhe
I WAN GO HK!!!!!!! the things there cheap ar? some tell me expensif..some say cheap..i oso blur..i wan go there to find out!!! hehehe
i cannot believe u finished both haagen daz! Wow..
It's too hard for the spoon to scoop through, right?
Looks like you should work in HK rather than Shanghai.
So nice... I was just stay at home watching TV on New Year eve, 1st time ever never celebrate for new year after so many years... so cham.
Anyway... Happy New Year!!!
Hey babe, wow nice countdown. I stayed at home and watch fireworks from other houses. In Germany, each household play their own and is a small town I staying over here.
Officially, we now pronounced you as the champion of shopping, dethroning Shopaholicfern who was last years champion. The winner gets an icecream made in Malaysia by Walls.
Congrats!!!!
Huei: Depends on what items. Not everything is cheap. But overall, I think the branded goods are cheaper. Cosmetics and skincare defienately cheaper.
Elizebeth: Why cannot finish? Not difficult.. very easy.. very creamy.. yuummm....
Jam: In terms of work and lifestyle, I still prefer Shanghai. Cost of living in SH is much lower and we can live like a king here.
Kenny: Dubai no new year celebration meh?
Princess: How is Germany? Is it very cold there?
Maverick: Hahaha... You are so funny!
hey....so u managed to get your cosmetics and skincare?
nice photos :-)
and about the coach bag, now u know why i think of it and even dream of it when i didn't buy mine the last time...but luckily, i went back to buy it..hahahaha...and now i'm loving it...
wow, really nice photos!!! especialy the fireworks during countdown ! amazing !
hey dearie..
happy new year!! u're on to a great start with so many shopping purchases.
you make me miss HK so much la. did you get to sample their yummilicious foodies?
aiseh, the coach bag was a steal babe..should have gotten it. next time la then.
ha...why Coach again?
I saw someone carry very nice Coach bag at Dubai Airport. I decided to get one when I reach KLIA.
However, because of I arrived late, I didn't walk in to find it. And I am so so so so so regret!!! I am dreaming that Coach bag!!!!
Post a Comment