Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Most Sinful Meal

Like it or not, my hairy crabs has no way to escape their destiny; to end up in my stomach.

Instead of leaving them to die a painful death in my fridge, I ended their misery in a fast and quick way; in a wok of boiling water.

I cooked them in the most simple and original way - Steam! I placed a few pieces of ginger on top of the crabs and placed them with their backs facing downwards so that the roe will all be collected on the shell.



Steam it for 20 minutes and they've turned into bright shades of orange and ready to be served.





Gosh... look at the amount of thick reddish roe. Yummy Yummy...



This must be my most sinful meal... killing these hairy creatures and eating those fatty and cholesterol filling roe.
.

5 comments:

Huei said...

YUMMYYY!!! i love crabs..but i get really freaked out by the hairy part u take out n cant eat >.<

zewt said...

errrr.... u didnt mention you clean it... eeewwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Purple~MushRooM said...

Huei: I also scared. So geli.

Zewt: I did wash them. But come to think of it, actually no need to wash also can because I am only eating the roe inside. I dont think those big crabs that we eat back home are cleaned too.

QQAlice said...

I always wanted to cook crabs at home but the problem is that I dont know how to kill them and to open them and clean inside. but this kind of crabs look like you don't need to clean..is that right? so you just put the whole completed crab into the bowl and just steam it? If so Im going to make it!!

Anonymous said...

No need to feel sorry. Crabs are meant to be eaten, haha!