Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Miscommunication

I have not been blogging lately because for the past 3 days – I slept at 10.30pm and woke up at 6am (my daily routine being going to bed after 12am and waking up at 8am). I do this because I need to be at Wujiang factory, some 1.5 hours away from Shanghai. Not bad and I am beginning to like because I feel fresh everyday and didn’t feel sleepy after lunch like what I used to feel back in Shanghai. Perhaps the air is better over here??

Ok, the main purpose of this post is to blog about the first day of the group ‘excursion’ to Wujiang. We were all very excited to get into the ‘opening’ or ‘trial run’ of the factory. We were told by the Project Manager to be at Shanghai office by 7.45am – the bus will leave right on time and anyone who is late will have to take a taxi on their own. By 7.45am… everyone was at the lobby of Shanghai office, except the project manager himself.

No, he was not late. He arrived at 7.46am, which he claimed that his watch is only 7.44am. Fine. As he walks into the lobby, he asked: ‘Is the bus here yet?’.

Guess what? No one arranged for the transport. HA HA! PM thought that the Chinese PM have arranged that, and the Chinese PM thought that the gwai lou PM has that arranged. Oopps! Talking about miscommunication. I mean come on! How can someone expects the gwai lou PM to arrange for something like that when he can’t even speak Chinese?

Anyway, there was obviously a huge miscommunication there and we all went up to office and started calling the transportation company. The bus finally arrived at 9am and we reached Wujiang at around 11am on Monday.

Pity me waking up at 6am, but life is healthier this way!

3 comments:

zewt said...

that's why not online at night... awal awal sudah tidur.

Anonymous said...

Life is definitely healthier by going to the bed early every night and waking up early too every morning. Because you know what, the air is fresher during early hours of the morning.

Purple~MushRooM said...

Zewt: Correct. Didn't even turn on laptop at night. Zzzzz...

Jam: It is. I am beginning to like life like that.