Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cabbies


Read the above from thestar.com this morning. This is something that really irks me back in KL. I cannot understand how a civilized country like ours can have such uncivilized taxi drivers.

I know many times, I have been complaining about the cheena here and talking about how uncivilized they can be, the spitting, the quarrels, the loud talking etc. But Malaysians who have been the Shanghai will experience one thing which we could never experience back in Malaysia – civilized and honest cabbies.

Let me list down how civilized cabbies in Shanghai are:

  • In Shanghai, when we enter a taxi, they will greet us and ask us our destination.
  • When we tell them our destination, their first question to us is which route do we want to us to get there – this is to ensure that they are using the route of our preference.
  • If we enter the taxi near traffic lights, they will not raise the taxi meter until we pass the junction – they do not waste our money with the idle time at the traffic lights before the journey begins.
  • If we complain that he took the wrong way, the taxi driver will pull down the meter before we reach the destination. Meaning, he do not charge us for the rest of the journey.

Friends in Malaysia, do you get to experience that with our cabbies back at home?


Of course, having said all the above, there are always a percentage of cabbies here that are rude. But so far, honestly, I have not met a lot of these in my past 2 and a half years stay. But one sure negative point about the cabbies here is the way they drive scares the hell out of me!

4 comments:

Horny Ang Moh said...

This is why when in Kl I always ask my Kl friend to bring me around or I always have a few fellows with me when using KL taxi! I am so afraid that I might get raped by the taxi driver!
BTW have u use the vibrating condom & the pokeing cream? How it is like? Very good? Very enjoying? So did u & hubby end up pokeing the whole night?
Do post up the result ok!!! If very good maybe I will like to try it out also!
Have a very nice day!

Huei said...

ohh there are nice cab drivers here. i sat on 1 before, eventhough he was off duty, he still fetched me home, and went by the meter.

once i took a cab and asked if he went to my place..n he said he goes everywhere, not like the other cab drivers

then again thats only the minority..i met one who wanted to charge me ALOT for a short distance. blegh! i'd rather not get into one that doesn't want to go by meter! i bet those ppl like to bully girls more >.<

Shopaholicfern said...

well, the few times i had to use a cab in KL, they're nice drivers, so i ended up tipping them RM10 :-)

the rest of the time, driving would be the most preferred option for me.

Unknown said...

In Dubai at least all use meters, but they don't implement like in China, furthermore here the taxi fair is too high & they driving like crazy.