Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Stupid Fools

Few weeks ago, I contacted our consulate in Shanghai, asking for the passport renewal process. I called in few times and there was no answer. So I decided to email them instead. I clicked on the general inquiries email address and wrote this:

"Hi,
May I know if we could renew our passport here in Shanghai instead of flying back to KL to do it?"

2 days later, I received this reply:

"Please use proper salutation when contacting the consulate, such as Dear Sir instead of Hi".

KNNCCB!!! First of all... that was a general inquiry email and how the heck would I know that it will be directed to our mr. consulate, unless there is only 1 person doing all the work there. Second, why are they taking 2 days to reply a simple email? Third, what's wrong with "Hi"? Should I be addressing him as 'Your highness' in my next email? If this person is really so hard up for respect, then do something about your department and gain the respect! Pick up the phone!!!

Yesterday, my Hubby complained to me again. He tried to call the consulate in Shanghai and tried so many times without success. There was just no one there to pick up the f*cking phone!!! He asked his secretary to help him call and she too, could not get through. It wasn't a public holiday here in China or Malaysia, how come no one pick up the f*cking phone??!!

When his secretary finally get through, she was told that the passport renewal for Malaysians will take 2 months to complete. OMG!!!! 2 months!!!!! 2 f*cking months to renew our passport abroad. Wow... how efficient that is! Can't believe them! I'm speechless!
.

4 comments:

zewt said...

It's the Malaysian Consulate... why are you speechless? Sir huh... that fella is probably stationed there receiving gaji buta. seriously, if you really run into trouble in china, i wonder what they can do for us.

truly... we love our country but does our country love us?

Huei said...

wtf!?!?!?!??

damn u should've replied

"Please do your job and answer the question instead of telling me unnecessary things I don't want to know"

hahahhahha

damn inefficient man! bloody idiots!

tanalan2 said...

I had mine renewed in 3hrs !!! Tats the efficient service by provided by the dept here in KL.......but just cant understand why such a simple process of renewing for a passport overseas,takes such a long time ????

Dont they knew the fact that most of the Malaysians working overseas are professionals..and need to travel often ? What ?Expect u guys to tell your companies..No I cant travel for next 2 months..err....my passport is being renewed ? Haha...tats our Malaysia boleh culture overseas !!

QQAlice said...

Yes the malaysia consulates are very slack. Hardly pick up the phones, and they open late and close early. They speak slow also. And to renew the passport abroad like in australia, takes 3 months.
They are just so hard to get hold of, when you got them you will never able to get things done by that phone call.
But it is totally hilarious of the email replied from them.