Friday, January 23, 2009

Passport Renewal

I was supposed to meet Patrick on Tuesday after my passport renewal. But I did not meet him that day because I had a rather hilarious passport renewal process.


I woke up early in the morning, spent about 45 minutes in the traffic before reaching Kompleks Wilayah. Then I found out that the immigration department was closed. The officer there told me that the office 'sudah pindah' and asked me to go the one in Kota Damansara, the nearest to KL. And off I went to Kota Damansara.

Before I was about to reach, I realised something. SH*T!!! I forgot to bring my passport!!! How can you not bring your passport for renewal??!!!

No choice... head back home to get my passport. I called up immigration and asked them the nearest office to Serdang Raya. I was told to go to the Kajang Immigration dept. My Dad knows where the Kajang immigration office is as he just went there a couple of weeks ago. So off I went to Kajang.

When I reached that place, I couldn't find it and asked around. Then I was told: 'Sudah pindah'. WTF!!!!! Pindah again?? Why always pindah here and there? But luckily the new office is still within Kajang and there wasn't many people there. I managed to collect my passport within 2 hours but I missed the appointment with Patrick that day.

I ended up going to 4 places just to get my passport renewed. Damn!

Finally met up with Patrick on Wednesday at Dome Cafe, KLCC and had a good laugh over my passport renewal encounter.

1 comment:

Elizebeth D.L. said...

think of the good side, you still get it renewed after 2 hours saja~~~

I also need to renew mine later this year leh.. but i always go to the one near John Hancock at damansara.