Friday, February 9, 2007

In Search of the Perfect Pillow

I'm having sleepless nights in Shanghai... thanks to my 'no-where-close-to-comfort' pillow. After moving to Shanghai and within a year, I have changed my pillow for as many, (or as little) as 3 times.

Pillow No 1 - Mr Cheapo
Ok. I admit... I am a cheap-skate. But can't blame myself as when we first moved here, we have plenty of stuffs to buy. So I just took the cheapest pillow available from the shelves of Carrefour. Mr Cheapo was so flat that I am almost not sleeping on any pillow at all. He is the typical stingy type without much filling within, thus, nothing much to hug. My relationship with Mr Cheapo didn’t last long. After a month or so, it was time to say goodbye.

Pillow No 2 - Mr Fluffy
Something much more expensive. Very fluffy and hmmm... feels good. I had many sweet dreams with Mr Fluffy. And then one day... the dreams turned into my nightmare! What on earth happened??? Have I done anything wrong? I have no idea... was it because he was made in China? He has lost the bounciness that used to be there when I needed it. I can no longer feel the fluffiness within Mr Fluffy. Darn… time to change. At least, my relationship with Mr Fluffy lasted for a couple of months.

Pillow No 3 - Mr Hard
Ok… I know… Mr Hard… and he is really hard. Mr. Hard are one of those ‘Recommended by Chiropractor’ type… supposed to be good for your back, health, blah..blah..blah…He is so darn hard… that I think I am sleeping on a piece of rock! I can’t handle this anymore. Time to call it quits with Mr Hard.

Sigh… after all these love and hate relationships with all the pillows that I have slept with… perhaps there is one final conclusion.

To find the perfect pillow, is like finding the perfect man. Even if you found him, he may never remain perfect, forever.

7 comments:

Eileen said...

Hahaha.... Pillows related to men... that's smart....

I am losing my mind now... It's late, I need to go back and pack & go home... I jsut wanna take a break, go back to my family, someone I can rely on 100%. I will put relationship aside for at least the next 2 weeks. When I am back, perhaps I will have a different view.

Take care, gal. See you when I am back.

zewt said...

my boss would say go for the hard one... cos it's good for the back and at her age, the back support is so important. serious eh...

otherwise, just get one that you can sleep without waking up over and over again lor...

as for pillows related to men... hmmm... i am sure you want him to be 'hard' right? haha!

Benny Goh said...

Whatever you do.....don't stained your pillow! dust mites love stains, if you know what I mean. Heh heh.

Purple~MushRooM said...

Princess: You take care too. I will be 24 hrs behind you. And see you again in Shanghai.

Zewt: I'll probably stay a little longer with Mr Hard... give him more time...

Benny: Sixe more mths to being a father and you're still so ham sup...your kid will have a ham sup father.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

I also haven't found the right pillow:(

I spent 300 RMB on a stupid pillow (those got curve shape), thinking money can buy comfort, but still, can't sleep well at night and neck is painful.

I bought tea-pillow also, turned out neck is painful and headache the next day.

:( if anyone knows some good pillow, can tell me ah?

Purple~MushRooM said...

Deisy: Hahahaha... very funny la. Those got curve shape one is my Mr Hard la! No comfy at all. I am still searching.

Anonymous said...

Hey, great stuff about pillow. didn't know it could become a topic... and to equate pillow with men, that's a bit hard to compare.

my 2 cents is that there is no perfect man (or woman), just like pillows, no such thing as a perfect pillow.

Its how you get accustom to the pillow. A pillow grows on you. Same as a relationship, it kinda grows on you. Well, that's just my view as how i see pillows and relationships.... so far, no problem with my pillows and *touch wood*.. relationships :)