Thursday, February 15, 2007

Wahhhh... Impressive!

After being away for almost a year, there are several outstanding matters I need to settle back at my homeland, KL. Ok.. here are few encounters at the Maybank and Post Office and I must say that their service is really impressive!

Maybank Customer Service
I got locked from my Maybank2U.com for having too many password attempts. Darn! Frustrated, I called up the customer service which, I am pretty sure that the will be no answer (it was almost 11pm). To my surprised, the phone was picked up after a few rings and the customer service rep on the other line introduced herself, was very fluent in english, very helpful, very knowledgeable, very polite, gave me full instructions and advice on what I need to do to get back with my online banking and addresed me by my name.
Wahhh... Impressive!

Maybank Banking Hall
Second day in KL. I went to Maybank in Jln Bkt Bintang. I need to withdraw money from my current account and I can't use the ATM due to the limit per day. I went to the queue counter, explain my needs, and was told in the most polite and efficient way on what I need to fill in. I got the form filled and went to take the queue number. As I was heading up to the banking hall, I heard my queue number being 'ding-dong'. What??? So fast?? I have to run up to the respective counter and I told the front desk officer.. "wow.. this is too fast". She served me with the most polite smile, fast service and at then end of the service, wished me Happy New Year.
Wahhh... Impressive!

Post Office
Third day. I need to renew my driving license. I went to a post office somewhere in PJ. I took a queue number and sigh... I have to wait for 20 customers ahead of me. So I sat and waited. In about 5 minutes... it was my turn. Wah... so fast ah?? Since when they became so efficient one??
Wahhhh... Impressive!

I am not sure whether its because I am so used to the slow and impolite service in China. But everything in Malaysia seems so perfect! I am truly impressed! Syabas to Maybank and the Post Office that I went to. Keep up the good work!

6 comments:

zewt said...

wahhh... impressive... you must be darn lucky... we have ppl complaining almost everyday here.

Purple~MushRooM said...

Zewt: Really? Or maybe because I went there during non-peak hours. I would say that they did improved a lot compared to previously. Give them some credit. I was happy to see the improvement. :)

Eileen said...

Hey gal, I am back to SH and I must say I experience the same thing when renewing my passport. 2 hours get my new passport and friendly ppl. Gosh, I wanna consider moving back. The minute I got off the plane and go get my luggage and hear ppl speaking shanghainese. I feel disguise & frustrated. That is bad right????

Purple~MushRooM said...

Princess: I'm back too. So sad. Holiday's over. Reality starts...Boo hoo!

Elizebeth D.L. said...

my driving license also expired, and I only realized it the night before flying back to shanghai~~~

SOB!

if my license expired in 1 year, will they ask me to re-take the exam??? (scary lah~~~~~~~~~~~)

Purple~MushRooM said...

Deisy: Just get someone to go renew for you in post office... fast and easy.