Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Carrie's Visit to SH

Blogger Carrie & her friends came to Shanghai for shopping and me together with Nicole met up with them on Sunday. This is the first time we meet up.

Our first stop was Qipu Lu, my least favourite place for shopping, but the girls wanted to buy clothes and Nicole says that may be the place with the most cheap stuffs.

Harassment... people following and asking us to visit their shops, asking us if we wanna buy bags, etc... that's one of the reasons I hate that place. As we walked further, Nicole told me that she can see the 'face of regret' on the girls' face. Hahaha! I knew it. Clothes at Qipu lu are really ah chan mui clothes. But, thank God Carrie was able to get something nice at a real good bargain.

After spending just a little time there, I suggested we go Pearl Market. Each time I go to this place, it's gwai sheong san (possessed). I buy accessories like nobody's business. The same thing happened to all the girls... they bought like gwai sheong san. We spent 3 hours there just buying accessories. Someone please stop us from spending more money here!!!

Sorry girls... for bringing you to a place where you spent a lot of money... hehehe.





For dinner, I bought the girls to eat Shanghainese food at 小南国。Here is Carrie, with Sue Ann and Christine.


And Carrie, with me and Nicole.


Some of my favourite cold dishes. The pumpkin lily, vege wrapped in beancurd skin and bamboo shoots. The dishes looked pretty and taste good too.




After dinner, we returned to the Pearl Market to get Chirstine's pearls... ordered to perfection.. hehe. I end up getting some t-shirts and a jewelry box to keep all the growing accessories.

Carrie bought me a little gift from KL to thank me for my time and help. Ah... thats really nice of her. I love the gift!! It was really pretty!!


I helped arranged for a private car to bring them around Hangzhou and to send them to airport. I wonder how was their trip today. Carrie has yet to return my sms.

Hey Carrie, Sue-Ann, Christine, it was fun meeting up with you gals. I hope you've enjoyed your shopping trip in Shanghai and Hangzhou. Take care and see you gals in KL!!
.

4 comments:

Huei said...

i wana go shopping too!!!!

wow! those pearls r very nice!!! u must have alot now lor? =D

Anonymous said...

oh dear...i have been reading your blog for a while now (nicole - as to nicole and russ and boboie; introduced me to your blog). i then introduced to carrie.

carrie, sueann and christine r my office besties and i was supposed to join them for the trip but too bad i just got transferred to a new dept n not dare to be aware; esp when ur boss also not around and u have to cover for her :(... poor me. i seriously missed the opportunity to meet u in person...u must be real fun n nice, reading your posts can tell.

another time mayb....hope u guys had fun :). perhaps a meetup in kl then.

take care,
alice

Carrie McGorgeous said...

Hey Aigie..

Thanks for such a wonderful time in Shanghai. I had so much fun there.

Yeah, Qi Pu Lu was such a bad mistake man. What with the thugs and all. I seriously had a hard time trying to find something to buy. Thank God you saved the day when you brought us to the Pearl Market. My mum loves the pearl i got her, and I so love mine. I think i'll have to go there again..very very soon. Can't wait to buy more. Probably spend another 1k+ there again. ehehehe

Ooh..didn't tell you. Please send my regards to Nicole and thank her for telling me how to look for the H & M in Super Brand. I so love the brand and was so happy to find that there are a couple in Shanghai. Guess what? I spent another 1k+ there. (and that wasn't in my budget as I've swiped it up).

Ooh, the Hangzhou trip was great. only thing was the weather got a bit hot and stuffy, if not it would have been fantastic. Driver Zhao was very courteous and really knows his way around HZ. I shall recommend him to my frens who're going there next time.

Thanks so so much for arranging these. Can't wait to see you in KL woman.

And happy birthday in advance. Tell me when u wanna go shopping in Gucci. :)

Purple~MushRooM said...

Huei: Yeah.. I bought a lot as gifts for my relative whenever I come back to KL.

Alice: Yup.. probably next time. There will be a chance to meet up. Thanks for reading my blog.

Carrie: Glad you girls enjoyed your trip. It was really nice to know you gals!