It felt like yesterday that I touched down at KLIA and happy to see my parents. As I was on my way to airport this morning, I had a flashback of the happenings and conversations I had over the past week back in KL, and for some reasons, I felt sad.
One of the common topics my friends shared with me was the current situation in Malaysia, and they meant the sense of security. Generally, no one feels safe anymore. Everyday we read and heard about cases of robbery, rape and murder.
We are all living in fear. We feel scared when we hear the sound of motorbike approaching; we feel scared when we stopped at the traffic lights and there is a motorbike beside our car; we feel scared walking alone in car parks; we feel scared driving alone at night, or even in broad daylight; we feel unsafe to be carrying our handbags; we even feel unsafe sleeping on our own bed at night, for fear that someone might just break in and kill us.
I remembered while Patrick was driving me to my aunt’s house, I asked him; “What has happened to our beloved country?” Patrick replied; “In my opinion, everything is caused by corruption. When there is corruption, prices increased. And when prices increased, many people could not afford. And when people could not afford, many resort to robbery and crime.” True? Is that why my homeland is becoming from bad to worse? But even so, I wonder why our government is not looking into this seriously. We can have hukuman gantung sampai mati for drug trafficking. Why not hukuman gantung sampai mati for robbery? Is our law so, so lenient that the robbers are not even afraid of?
Before I go into the departure hall this morning, I once again reminded Mum and Dad to be careful and to exercise caution wherever they go. I am not good at writing a serious note. I just want to express my disappointment and sadness. I cannot vote from overseas. All I can do is to hope and pray that someday, someone would step up and implement something to stop all these nonsense.
Sigh-ing off, drafted at approx. 1.15pm on 12th Feb 2008 on board flight MH388, Shanghai bound.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Purple, don't be sad. Our newspaper always tell us bad news, nothing is good. There is always more good thing than bad things in Malaysia.
Hi dearie, your heart must be heavy. Don feel so sad, it's CNY.
I was gonna blog about something called "City Survival Skill" a workshop I attended from OSH Dynamics about how to be more alert and learn skills to survive.
You may wanna check out www.oshdynamics.com (can't remember if got .my).
Anyway, buy those good pepper sprays for your loved ones, the effect can last up to 20 minutes, which is good enough for us to escape.
Cheer up.
Gong xi fa cai!
Sayonara; Bon Voyage!
Don't worry, Malaysia is safe!
so many malaysians i have met here in london... none went away without talking about the political scene of our country. ppl are getting more and more aware and they are choosing what is best for themselves... things will only get worse.
i think one of the most fearful thing happening in the country right now is the state of lawlessness... c'mon, we all know if you're connected or you're rich... u can get away with anything... even murder. imagine if one of us or our friends have an unfortunate encounter with them... God forbids... even law cant bring them down...
that is what i am most fearful about.
sigh..it's so true
this is such a corrupted cunt-tree!
what makes things worst? they brag about their efficiency in solving cases..better than so many countries..but the truth is..they probably picked some random shits off the streets..give them money and ask them to own up to be the culprit..and viola! case solved!
otherwise..how come the sharlini's case is not solved yet? cos they cant find someone to "eat dead cat"
Post a Comment