Over the Qing Ming holiday in China, I went to Macau with my Hubby. We stayed at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, located at the Cotai Strip in Taipa. This place is huge and you really do not need to get out of this building, it has everything under one roof. Our first impression of this place is that it is really posh… truly renovated to look like those buildings that we’ve seen during our Europe tour.
This is the hotel main lobby. All the interior decoration looks like those palace and churches in France, Italy and Venice.
This is the hotel main lobby. All the interior decoration looks like those palace and churches in France, Italy and Venice.
Have you ever seen a casino hotel that gives you a map to your room? After we checked in, we were given the instructions on how to get to our room. We have to walk so far to the other end to get to our room,
We finally arrived at our suite.
Not bad… very nicely decorate bed and fully equipped with fax machine and high speed internet connection.
Take a look at the bathroom… I love it! If I have a chance to own a big house, I will renovate the bathroom this way. Hehe.
First thing we did was to look for food, and we had a quick one at the food court. Take a look at the ceiling… it was painted with illusions of sky and clouds and it looks so real. Not cheap eating here too. One simple meal like the hainanese chicken rice can easily cost HKD55. But it was good!
After our meal, we went out to Macau city to visit the landmark… the Ruins of the St. Paul.
We also went to see the Macau God of Gambler’s casino, also the very first Macau casino, the Lisboa. This is the old and original Lisboa casino.
This is the new Grand Lisboa… it should be really pretty at night with all the lights.
We went back to The Venetian, took a rest before heading for dinner. Since I had my bonus and increment, I treated my Hubby a nice meal at 3 Monkeys. :)
We had nachos, salad, bruschetta, pizza and pasta. Too much food and we wasted the pizza. Can’t finish it.
After meal, we went to shop around at the Grand Canal Shoppes inside Venetian. If you take a look at these picture, you really cannot differentiate whether this is the real Venice or not. But because we have seen the Venice, we think that this place really, really look like the real thing!
The next day, after breakfast, we took the Cotai Jet and headed to HK. Actually, it’s stupid decision because the time spent in HK is too short and we didn’t manage to shop for anything. Should have spent the day in the casino. We head back to Macau in the evening, freshen up, and went for dinner before heading for….
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Jay Chou concert!!!
Initially, we didn’t manage to get any tickets because it was sold out. I was so disappointed. But there were some people selling black market tickets and I was so happy to get those. I love Jay Chou!! He is my favourite singer. He is really good!
This part is where he sang my favourite song... 开不了口。
This concert perfected our vacation! After the concert ends, we spend some time in the casino. It's really huge and open concept casino where you can see it from the lobby. Too bad we are not allowed to take any pictures, there were security all over preventing people from taking photographs. I am not good at gambling so I lost HKD300. Should have leave when I won a bit. But greedy... stay on until lost money. Thank God it was only HKD300... else I will cry!
We checked out on the third day and headed back to Shanghai. Though The Venetian is a nice place to stay, but it does have some flaws in the services which I don't really like. For example, I need to change my flight, and the business center did not manage to help me accomplished that. I have to call my travel agent in Shanghai and she had it done for me. Good job to my SH travel agent. They have these services at night, even on weekends. Second thing is the shuttle bus services. The hotel provides shuttle bus services, but when we told them we need to depart to the airport at 9.o0am, they say the shuttle bus services starts at 10am. We had to take the taxi. Why can't they have earlier shuttle services??
This is the end of my Macau trip and it was close to perfect. Our only mistake was going to HK. Should have stayed and gamble more... hahaha!
.
.


10 comments:
Wah, holiday again ah? I not yet have holiday....*sob*
my big guai boss went there, and he said it took him half an hour walking to his hotel room. so big!
after see your photos, i want to go there next time too! yay!:P
Oi oi... sorry about the MIA. Was really busy since I am back. I guess my life will be more normal that now I start working again!
Glad to see that you are doing great, gal :)
wohhh!!! cool!! doesn't seem as though u're anywhere near china!!! hehehe
i wana gooooo!! expensif ar?
Maverick: Go for one.. even a short weekend trip is good.
Elizebeth: Your boss kua cheong la... mana ada so far away?
Eileen: Welcome back!
Huei: It's Macau, and people there are definately more civilised than those in China! Expensive... hotel cost HKD2800 per night. Thats RM1,400 per night!
babes the hotel looks fantastic!
It's been ages since I've been to macau and what you've just done has tempted me to go.
But but RM1400 per night is a bit steep la. I'd rather use the money and shop shop shop..
Anyways, I can't wait to go Shanghai..any chance to meet up?
babes the hotel looks fantastic!
It's been ages since I've been to macau and what you've just done has tempted me to go.
But but RM1400 per night is a bit steep la. I'd rather use the money and shop shop shop..
Anyways, I can't wait to go Shanghai..any chance to meet up?
Wow.. such a nice place!;-)
Carrie: Ya.. 1400 is expesnive. But just for the experience lor. Let me know the exact date u coming to SH. If I have time, I bring you go makan.
Monica: Thanks for dropping by my blog!
So nice! Kill 2 birds with 1 stone! Can travel and at the same time see Jay Chou concert.
Post a Comment