Last Thursday, we had a farewell dinner for Calvin who will be going back to HK. We had Peking Duck. This is by far the worst restaurant in Shanghai I have been to, given that we have to pay RMB120 per person for this really lousy meal. Not a single dish taste good.
This is the chef slicing off the skin off the duck.
The sliced duck skin... very oily. We need to wrap it inside the popia skin with some vege and sauce, and in the end, I can only taste the sauce and the thickness of the popia wrap.


On Saturday, me and Nicole went for karaoke. Before that, we had a drink at UBC coffee and ordered chicken wings. We found the chicken wings not fully cooked and made a complaint. The waitress took the wings away and then came back and told us that the chef is absolutely sure that the chicken wings are cooked. KNN! We told her we are the one eating the wings... and whether it is cooked or not, we will know. The meat is still stucked to the bones and we are unable to bite it off... it's uncooked!! She took the wings back again and then returned with microwaved wings... never even bother to give us a new dish!


Today, I decided to cook some simple meal for my Hubby. Steam chicken with mushroom and lily buds, brocolli with mushroom and raddish with pai kuat soup. Simple yet delicous and healthy. Better than paying so much for some lousy food I had over the week.







5 comments:
hungry!!
mmmm...the duck looks good..ok maybe it doesn't taste that good..but it looks good!!! hehehe =P
Wow, someone's cooking does seems to get more in variety and looks good & fresh. Kudos babe~
aiya, high collesterol!!!! eat chicken.
Hmmm... Come, now I can cook better than that.
Yalor, no need to go out to eat. You can cook well ma. But I have never tried a peking duck before. Make me drooling.
Post a Comment