Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Made in China Stoopidity

I was searching high and low for an AV switch during the weekend but to no avail. Some of you may ask, what is an AV switch? Why do you need it?

This, is an AV switch.

The reason I needed it, is due to the made-in-china plasma TV stupidity.

I moved into my new apartment recently and my landlord provided 2 plasma TVs, one in my bedroom and another in the living room.

The plasma TV in the living room was that of a 42 inch. Ok.. happy with that. We then tried to install the machines... a DVD player, a Satelite TV console and our PS2. What we then realised was the plasma TV has only a single AV input. Holly crap! Isn't this pure stupidity??? Yes... this is truly a made-in-china product stupidity!!! How can you have only ONE single AV input on a 42 inch plasma tv???

Ok, fine. We knew the existence of something called an AV switch. So we went on to Carrefour to find it. Nope. None sighted. Then we proceeded to Suning electrical shop and then to Gome electrical shop. Both Suning and Gome were huge electrical stores but they don't have and have not heard of a thing called AV Switch. Again... pure stupidity!

I went searching for it yesterday from the internet and found it for sale in Taobao.com. Taobao is like our Malaysia's Lelong.com. I happily bidded for that item which cost only a mere RMB13.50.
My AV Switch arrived at my office today. Yay!!! I finally found it! But I better not celebrate it so soon. Who knows... it may not work. Afterall... it is still made-in-China.
.

5 comments:

zewt said...

aiyooo... got 2 tv in the apartment also wanna complain ah? dont complain la. RMB13.50... damn cheap la!!!

Huei said...

42 inch!! keng!!! hehe

hope it works! it will lar..me prayign for u! =)

Purple~MushRooM said...

Hahaha.. Zewt: I am thinking my blog is just all about complaining. Should blog about this. Hahah.

Huei: 42 inch in the living room, and another smaller plasma tv in the bedroom. Ya.. my landlord is quite a nice guy.

Checked out on the AV switch last night. It worked! Thank God!

Horny Ang Moh said...

SO NOW U CAN PLAY & WATCH WITH A FLIP OF A SWITCH. GO, ENJOY USELF.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

"they" just surprised each & everyday, don't they?:)