Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Silly Beauty Pageants

I read at www.thestar.com.my today about Miss Cheongsam pageant. Here is the entire article:

KL model is Miss Cheongsam

Picture taken from www.thestar.com.my

KUCHING: It was first time lucky for Lee Foong Ling, 20, when she was crowned Miss Cheongsam Malaysia 2007. She beat 17 other finalists and walked away with RM8,000.

Sunday night’s pageant was the first ever for the freelance model from Kuala Lumpur. Lee was overcome with joy after receiving her crown from last year’s winner Lim Lee Ching. “I’m so happy. I did not think I would win because I was very nervous during the question-and-answer session. This is the first time I’ve taken part in a beauty pageant so I’m very happy,” she said.

Lee plans to take part in more pageants besides carrying on with her modelling career. College student Mastarareqha Tony, 19, was first runner-up and Gan Ee Jin, 18, who is waiting for her SPM results, was second runner-up. They received RM2,000 and RM1,000 respectively

Now my question:

What the HELL is Miss Cheongsam??? And do they judge the book or it's cover? Do they have swimsuit session or is the whole thing about wearing Cheongsam and walking around? This is so hilarious. Nowadays they can just come up with anything. Hmmm.... maybe we should start a pageant call Miss Blogging. Ha!

6 comments:

Eileen said...

To make a cheongsam looks nice, one have to have a great body. Those with perky boobs who can burst the upper cheongsam and damn long, slim legs will win (I hate this type of gals).

Speaking of it, Ai Gie you are so damn qualified to wear the cheongsam. Especially there ^_^

Imagine I cant wear a cheongsam!!!

Elizebeth D.L. said...

but I always picture cheongsam lady together with Tiger Beer... (my grandma is gonna jump down from Heaven to scold me for polluting this holy picture)..

Purple~MushRooM said...

Harlo Princess Eileen....why am I damn qualified la?? I can show you my wedding pic in Cheongsam next time. Then you judge... haha!

Horny Ang Moh said...

YES PLEASE DO SHOW US UR CSAM PIC. I ALSO WANDER HOW THEY CHOOSE THE WINNER? THE PRETTY WAN DIDN'T WIN. HEMMM!!!I WANDER IF THERE R OTHER 'THING' THEY LOOK AT OR DO TO WIN THE CONTEST??

zewt said...

hahahahaha.... calm down.

by the way, u wanna start a miss blogging?

Purple~MushRooM said...

ang moh: Probably the person with the most pointed boobs win. Not trying to be horny here, but u really need that to make a cheongsam look good.

Zewt: Maybe I don't need to start it. Somewhere in the world probably has it. Hahaha. Hmmm... I am wondering if Malaysia also has Miss Sari and Miss Baju Kurung pageant?