Thursday, March 15, 2007

Perseverance and The Land Before Time

Perseverance, is a matter of holding on and never let go during trying times. I Love this word.


The Land Before Time - This 1988 original animation is my favourite cartoon of all times (please don't mistaken this to all the other terrible sequels). It is about four orphan dinasours travelling the ruins of their world, while grieving the loss of their families and banding together to face the odds of the world. They encounter many obstancles as they learn to work together in order to survive. I cried from beginning till the end. It was a truly emotional movie that thought us about perseverance, about teamwork and most importantly, about holding on to our dreams and never let go.

I was watching American Idol last night and one of the contestant sang the theme song from the The Land Before Time. This song is called If We Hold On Together, by Diana Ross. Being an emotional person as I am, I cried when I heard that song. It brings back memory of that movie, the hardship, the loneliness, the obstabcles, the betrayal that Littlefoot went through to find his dreams.
(Littlefoot is the main dinasour character in The Land Before Time). I cannot forget how Littlefoot's Mum lost her life to protect her son. But Littlefoot's perserverance brought him to realise his dreams in the end. I am glad that it's a happy ending.

When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
~ Author Unknown

Anyway, here a little clip of the theme song, for those who have not heard of it. It's a truly meaningful song.



If We Hold On Together
Diana Ross

Don't lose your way
With each passing day
You've come so far
Don't throw it away
Live believing
Dreams are for weaving
Wonders are waiting to start
Live your story
Faith hope and glory
Hold to the truth in your heart

* Chorus:

If we hold on together
I know our dreams will never die
Dreams see us through to forever
Where clouds roll by
For you and I

Souls in the wind
Must learn how to bend
Seek out a star
Hold on to the end
Valley, mountain
There is a fountain
Washes our tears all away
Worlds are swaying
Someone is praying
Please let them come home to stay

* Repeat Chorus

When we are out there in the dark
We'll dream about the sun
In the dark we'll feel the light
Warm our hearts
Everyone

If we hold on together
I know our dreams will never die
Dreams see us through to forever
As high, As souls can fly
The clouds roll by
For you and I


3 comments:

Huei said...

aww..it's a sweet song

very nice =D

Purple~MushRooM said...

Yes Huei.. a very sweet and inspiring song indeed!

Anonymous said...

I am offended that you said that the sequals are crap. I'm fifteen and I love all of the land before time sequals and the new tv series. The more land before time they make, the better they make life on this planet. I do agree that the original was the best but the sequals come pretty dang close. I still am in disbelief that you hate the sequals.