Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Emotional

Today, my Dear Brother ping me on MSN and asked the same question that he has been asking me since the beginning of the year; Should he resign?


Again, I told him; if you are not happy now, just resign la! Then he say this and that, worry that he will regret la, but he has no passion anymore in this job, repetitive work la, regret studying engineering la, wanna rest la blah, blah, etc...and many other things.


I really beh tahan liao. I scolded him kau-kau online. I told him that he is so lucky and still wanna complain so many things in life. I counted his blessings for him, I told him:

  1. Your sister, me, didn't wanna spend my parents money for studying. So I just took ACCA. Only cost like RM10k for the entire course. You, on the other hand, decided to take engineering. Spent almost RM50k to study at Monash University. Lucky or not? Still wanna complain about regretting to study engineering?

  2. You don't have to pay for any commitments at home. I still need pay for the house.

  3. You drive a Toyota Altis. Not long after graduate, can drive Altis... and don't have to pay a single cent for the car. I gave you the car, and I pay for the installment. You are so lucky, ok!


I also told him:

  1. Take a good look at our cousin, Yen. She is the person that I will award her BRAVO award. After her father got into a stroke, she is the only one in her family that struggled and worked hard to earn a living for the family. Can she say she wanna rest? No. She doesn't have the choice.

  2. Yen worked in a company where her boss always gave her a hard time. Can she resign? No. she don't have the choice. She needed the money for her family.

  3. Your brother in law, my husband. For the past 4-5 weeks have been working till like 3am everyday. Did he complain? No. He doesn't have the choice. It's his job!

  4. You are very lucky ok! You still have the choice to think whether to resign or not. Other people don't have the choice. You can resign without a job... then do it lar! Look for another job. Stop complaining!


SIGH! I love my Dear Brother very much. During our younger times, I used to wait for him to return from school and I will cook for him. My parents were working elsewhere and would only return home in the late evening. I basically took care of him when he was young.


I also want him to be happy and have a good life. But I can't stand this... sometimes I wish he could see that he is one of the luckiest people on earth. Everyone has ups and downs. Everyone has regrets. Everyone has achievements. Everyone has dreams. He just doesn't see how lucky he is. Or maybe he is too young to realize that.


Despite everything I wrote above, my Dear Brother is still a very good person with a very kind heart. I know him. He just needed some directions now. I already told him what I needed him to know, and I truly hope he gets it.

.

8 comments:

Eileen said...

Perhaps he is just complaining to his dearest sister, but not really frustrated. I dunno your bro, so I cant comment on him though.

I guess being the youngest in the family and pampered by the family, we do not know the cruelty & realistic of the world out there (I can relate to this).

Send him to overseas alone (with no financial support) & he will appreciate of himself being lucky. And maybe ask him to pay for the toyota altis. haha

Anyway, if he really dont like his job (for good reasons), he should be actively looking for another job. We can and we should make changes to our own life, as our destiny is still mostly control by ourselves.

Dont worry, your brother will grow up or maybe he already have. In the eyes of our parents and our older siblings, we are just kids who "never know enough", but sometimes the "elders" should let us experience it to appreciate toughness of life and being lucky :)

Cheers sister.

*Note: My brother says throw me into the mid of the cruel world so I can learn to grow up fast. That's my older bro. So you should tell your bro how lucky he have you as an older sister.

TingTitLei said...

i think if i complain to my brothers theyll just stare cock at me lol ... and hes so lucky to have such a nice sister too

Unknown said...

He just never gone through the real 'hard life'. He was just too lucky all the time and never appreciate what he has. Just give him some time, now days young guns are like that.

I wasn't that lucky all the time, you can tell him my examples too, I did my cert, then diploma, then degree step by step because I got no luck to enter local university and my parents can't afford to let me study in private college. My degree I did it part time for 5 years!

I wasn't like Civil Engineering, but since 'Politeknik' gave me that course, I just took it and slowly develop it from cert to degree. Now I've used to it and like it very much. I work more than 5 years only manage to buy a cheapest Proton Iswara for myself.

I've seen many young guns same as like your brother, no worry, I believe he'll change from time to time. He just needs more advises and gone through the reality life.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh said...

ehh... can u be my sister ar? no need altis la... vios oso nvm...aiya potong saga oso nvm ohh...joking joking.... take it easy... i guess he feels comfortable talking to you and since you have been there for him all this while he has somehow depended on you...

he is also human and human tends to forget how to appreciate things that they already own and still wanting more...

WAY TO GO BIG SISTER! Cheers ya!

Huei said...

yea, some people dun realize how lucky they are, and yet they complain this complain that

high pay = more work..if you want that pay..then dun complain the work load..if u think the work load is too much..then put ur expected pay lower

then again princess eileen may be correct..he wants some attention and loving from his older sister..someone to turn to =D

Purple~MushRooM said...

I am truly touched with all the good comments here.

Pricess Eileen: You speak from a different perspective and made me realized about seeing it from his side. I believ he has grown up too, but maybe just haven't goe through the difficult part of life yet. Will give him time.

Kenny: You are like a BIG brother. I hope one day I can intro you to my bro and he can learn from you about the ups and downs of life. You realy went through a tough way, something that i must also learn from you and learn to appreciate my life. Actually, i do appreciate what i have today. I must say i am blessed.

KYNNOD: Thanks. You made me realised that we are all only human.

Huei: He doesn't have a high pay and his job is very demanding. But i guess he learnt a lot too. Like KYNNOD said, he is also human and tends forget how to appreciate.

Tingtitlei: haha.. i dunno what to say. I guess you somehow falls into the 'lucky' category too. Am I right?

Horny Ang Moh said...

Those who live a good life don't know they r having a good life. Ur bro just happen to have a good sis which he can lean on. I am not surprise next time he will consult u on his gf! How I wish I have a sis like u also. Then I have someone to ask.Have a nice day!

babyfiona said...

you are really a very good sister indeed..I could'nt even think of buying an altis and pay montly instalment and let my bro to use it..sigh...