Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Lor Lei Jin!!!

I have recently took up another job offer in Shanghai. Gosh... the jobs here are plentiful compared to back home in Boleh-land (thats for my industry). For those who do not know which industry I'm in, I am an Oracle ERP Consultant. Meaning... tok kok kinda job... err... actually, not exactly tok kok la. The ERP sales will tok kok, and we consultants will implement the shit that the sales people tok kok about, and worst... the final support consultants, will carry on supporting all the shits that people like me implemented.

I do not know why I really selected to take up this offer, because looking back, the other recent offer that I got from a MNC offers a higher overall package. WHY?? WHY?? Simple. Reason being, I am sick of travelling for all my projects. I prefer to stay put in Shanghai and be there for my hubby. Time for family planning also la. This job, I can remain in Shanghai and it is indeed what I wanted. That's why I took up this offer.

Once I'm in this company, I realised that this is a very Cheena company. We have to swipe out time in and time out, and we have to make sure we worked 8 hours a day. Else, potong gaji!! TIU! So strict ah? Then I asked, if I do not go for lunch, can I go off earlier. Answer is NO. They don't care wether you go for lunch or not, it's your pasal if you don't go out for lunch. If you come to office at 9.47am, you can only leave office at 6.47pm. KNNCCB!

Next, I realised that none of the people in office speaks acceptable english. Can you imagine?? This company is supporting US based clients. All communication are in english and you are telling me that they can't speak english??? Well... really cannot! I was in a conference call with the team that day and really... I don't know what the heck are they trying to express!

Then, I was put into a position where I need to managed the people here. I can imagine why the people from US are complaining and they are thanking God that someone like me is here to really communicate with them! These Cheenas here, don't reply to their email querries. What the heck??? They just ignore the emails or what??? Hello! I cannot reply emails for them ok! KNN!

What have I gotten myself into?? The worst of all.... my head hunter told me that for my skill sets and level of experience, I deserve more than the current package! TIU!!!



This time... I really LOR LEI JIN!!!!!!!

.

7 comments:

Horny Ang Moh said...

Hallo! Actually what is 'lor lei jin' arr??? Can explain?? Have a nice day!

Huei said...

u cant quit?

wtf..ignore mails..i wish i can do that!!

Elizebeth D.L. said...

oi, be contented. I am more lor-lei-jin than yours!

Eileen said...

elizebeth d.l. really should be more lor-lei-jin than you. Muahahaha... But her hubby more cham lar... *giggles*

The highlight from your post... "FAMILY PLANNING"!!!!!!! Please elaborate....

khengsiong said...

Back in 1999 I also worked in China as a contract worker. My job was project-based. When there were projects, I worked days and nights. When there were no projects, I surfed Net in the office. Could I go back to hotel early? You know already...

And the worst thing was, my supervisor was a Malaysian!

Purple~MushRooM said...

Horny: Lor lei jin = Sendiri cari shit!

Huei: Can... I can quit. But I really wanna complain only, it's actually better than sitting at home nothing to do lor. At least my time flies here.

Elizebeth: We sama-sama lor lei jin, ok... let's go celebrate our lor lei jin this weekend! Hahaha.

Princess Eileen: Family planning.. aiyar.. sooner or later, I'm gonna plan for kids. Better stop travelling now lor. Else, how to plan? Not easy you know... must work hard every night.

Khengsiong: Hahaha.. so you know what I meant lor..

zewt said...

hahahaha... swipe in swipe out... that was exactly my case when i was in china....