Friday, July 27, 2007

Plantation?

Next week, some big bagga from US is coming to my office for some visits. Most of them bringing their spouse... stupid bagga... Shanghai is at its hottest weather now and you bring your spouse here! Ok, back to the main topic. Now, one thing I hate about is to ying-chow all these people. We have to waste our time sitting in the board room the whole day, go out lunch with them, and bring them out for dinner at night, pretend to laugh at their lame jokes, in the end, we reached home late and yet, have to wake up early the next morning for the 9am meeting again. HATE IT!


So, my Cheena boss came to me just now and told me about our PLANTATION. HUH? Plantation?? But... but.. we are in IT, what plantation??? Yes. Plantation. Which... in fact, means, PRESENTATION! Bloody bagga cannot pronounce presentation properly. Thank God I have heard about this cheena defienciency from Elizebeth DL. So, I know he meant presentation when he said Plantation. KNN!




I don't understand why they cannot pronounce 'S' and 'TH' and 'F' properly. During my earlier times in Shanghai, my ex-colleague told me to press the F4 button on my keyboard. She said: "F-FU-Shi" HUH??? What is F-FU-Shi? I really have no idea what the heck was she saying until she pointed to the F4 key. Oohhhh.... you mean F-Shi. Why la pronounce as F-FU-Shi??? What is the 'FU' in the middle for??? Sigh!!!


I also realised that most of the people here pronounced 'TH' as 'S'. For example, there is a new girl this week and her name is Kathy. How do we pronounce this name? Ka-thy, right? Well.. NO! Not here in China. She introduced herself as 'Ka-Sie'. HUH?? Ooo... Ok-lor... Kasie. I just hope I won't get used to the way they pronounce things here. Damn it! I think my english is getting more and more broken.


I know, I am being mean writing about this. I shouldn't laugh at other people cause my own mandarin sucks as well. Well, who cares... they probably blog about "the girl from Ma-Lai-Si-Ya who speaks broken mandarin" and probably laughed at my mandarin amongst themselves, right?


So, it's fair.. we laugh at each other!!! KAKAKA!!! I'm going bonkers on this Friday. Kinda happy today... maybe there are too many jokers here to entertain me. HOHOHOHO!!!!

.

6 comments:

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Luckily I told you about 'plantation'. It took me 3 days to realize he meant "presentation" last year.

My ex-colleague, cynthia. We pronounced Cyn-tia right? They pronounced "cyn-sia".

Eileen said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

TGIF~~~~ Have a nice weekend ahead gals~

Huei said...

wahh i can only imagine the pain u had to go through >.<

kesiann!

Unknown said...

If I'm there I sure vomit blood till die. LOL

zewt said...

there is this forward mail going around about the announcement of southern airlines stewardess before take off... damn funny! got it before?

i think we malaysians and singaporeans should reall be proud of ourselves. i think we are of the few in this world who can speak a few languages proficiently.

khengsiong said...

Don't laugh. Chinese Malaysians and Chinese Singaporeans also plonounce 'R' as 'L', light or not?

Coming back to 'TH'. Years ago when I came across SenQ's commercials in TV for the first time, I thought someone from China was saying 'Thank you'.