Here is one of our cold dish, pumpkin with lily:

This is another set of Ming Tang cold dish set, served in a very nice decorative way:

This is the salted prawns. Damn salty. All the prawns are buried into a bucket of salt. We have to shake off those salt before eating it... else I think we will get kidney stones the next day.

Then we had kailan. The first dish of kailan turned out to be bitter. We complained about it. The waitress still had the guts to tell us that kailan is supposed to taste bitter. Elizebeth DL was so fierce. She told the waitress: "you think we never had kailan before??". Wah... I also scared.
So they finally change another dish of kailan for us. This time, the kailan was much younger, tender and not bitter.

I complained again... but as a joke. We know that its harmless, and having a worm there means its usually pesticide free, thats why this kailan does not taste bitter, I think. The waitress say just asked me not to eat it and says that she will compensate is by giving us more fruits for desserts.
.
Ok lor.. anyway, it's not a big issue. We are nice customers. Just don't come tell us its supposed to taste like this and that... we are not sua-ku.
.
Overall, it's an enjoyable dinner. I am glad I did not celebrate Mid Autumn Festival by having dinner alone. :)
Ok lor.. anyway, it's not a big issue. We are nice customers. Just don't come tell us its supposed to taste like this and that... we are not sua-ku.
.
Overall, it's an enjoyable dinner. I am glad I did not celebrate Mid Autumn Festival by having dinner alone. :)
.



9 comments:
Wah... not bad wor, me pula have to work till late night, eat maggie at home only.
HAPPY MID AUTUMN FESTIVAL!!
hmm..kailan n choy sum always tastes bitter to me! hehehe
but sometimes they're nice! =D
eh, it is 明唐 lah:)
yah, the more I stay here, the more I can get fierce in 0.01 seconds. Now I think think, still feel a bit pissed that she has the guts to tell me gailan supposed to taste bitter. bleah~~~
Forgot to do an experiment last night, put the salt on top of that worm, and see what happened. Hahahhaa... this only comes to my mind last night when I brushing my teeth :P
So nice of elizebeth to let you become the megawatt light bulb for dinner. Haha, just kidding. I celebrated with 2 other females too (my mum & SIL) as the men are not at home. Miss you gals and where is the ming tan ar?
Elizebeth.... ur idea of putting salt on the worm.... and I imagine u fierce... Wakaka.... I cant imagine I fierce again lor... But once I stay in Shanghai, that fierce-ness just come automatically. Bui bui got complain about your fierceness or not? My parents freak out when they visited me....
Kenny: Pity la you! does Dubai has a chinatown? If yes, I am sure you can get mooncake from there. Also, why didn't have dinner with your collegues leh?
Huei: Ya, sometimes, they do taste a bit bitter. But the one that we had is really very bitter.
Elizebeth: Sorry la... i buta huruf in terms of chinese. Put salt on the worm for what? It already die liao la.
Princess Eileen: I never think of being a lamp post one. Eric supposed to join us, but that fella fong fei kei due to workload.
but i celebrated mine alone ... without the moon too !
p/s : the prawns look silly ! why the hell do they even dip it in ? LOL !
Ehh... haven't you heard of the news that pet food made in China was found to be toxic? Next time you should specifically ask for vegie with worms :P
Jade: Aussie no moon? Yeah man... the prawns... hahah. Something created by the cheena.
Khengsiong: I didn't hear about the pet food news. Anyways, can't trust china made products la. So many issues.
are you sure the worm is dead?
My idea of putting salt on it, is to test whether it is dead or not. kekeke....
I want to hear the "tsee... tseee" sound with the salt on it. kekekeke...
Post a Comment