Sunday, September 16, 2007

Rachel's Shanghai Visit

Jeffrey's sister, Rachel, arrived at Shanghai on Saturday evening. She is here for business trip, but have decided to come here a day earlier to go around Shanghai. I brought her around The Bund and to Pudong for some nightview sightseeing.

Here at The Bund, overlooking the old buildings which are now mostly oocupied by the banking industry:


Here is one of the old buildings with a clock tower. I don't know the names of these building.

A closer take of the clock tower:


And here overlooking over to Pudong, we can see the Oriental Pearl TV Tower. I guess this is one of the most beautiful communications & TV tower. At least its much, much better looking than the Seoul Tower. For those who don't know, Shanghai is separated into two sides by the Yellow River (黄浦江). The older side is called Puxi and the new area is called Pudong. Pudong was developed 10 years ago. It's a very new and nice area.


Another angle of the Pudong side:



After this, we decided to take the tourist tunnel over to Pudong. I have no experience of this tunnel after being here for 1 1/2 years. So, we decided to give it a try. It cost RMB45 per person, including a visit to a so-called 'Underwater creature exhibition'. We have to take the tramp going through an underpass across Yellow River.



The underpass journey has nothing to see at all except for some decorative ligthings in the tunnel, like this:



Hmm... kena tipu. Nothing to see except darkness.

Then we went into the underwater creature exhibition. And what do we see inside there?

Malaysian Giant Turtle!!! Kua kua kua..... Kena tipu again.



Here is the giant turtle:

Nola... not that big. This is a fake one. No real turtle there. Only fake one. Can you believe such exhibition?

But we did see some weirdo turtle species, like this one:

This is real, and its really weird looking with a long tail.

There is also a fake alligator on display. I don't understand why people throw money on this fake thingy. Maybe they treat is like the wishing well. Gila!


After that, we pass by another exhibition called the Sex Culture and Sex Health exhibition. We didn't bother to go in la... as usual, sure tipu orang one!


But I did managed to capture some ornaments on display outside, such as this teapot. I think its a teapot la, else the KKJ so long for what??


Then this love making figurine. Some chinese karma sutra, I think.


Finally, we went out to Pudong. I can see the HUGE Oriental Pearl Tower. We didn't go up to this tower because there was a really long queue. Maybe next time for me. But Rachel planned to go up there on her own on Monday.


We were hungry after that and had our dinner at Lisboa, the Macao restaurant. Headed home after that. I was darn tired and my legs were hurting so bad because I went for spinning class at the gym the night before. Regret going for that class.
.

6 comments:

pisang goreng 115,NF said...

that weirdo turtle is alligator snapping turtle
and very dager to human....

and is that all the pictures in sex culture?
i want to see more....

Huei said...

wah! sex culture..interesting! damn crappy msia dun have these things!

Eileen said...

Hehe.... Now I see the interesting part of Shanghai I never seen before. My fren went for the crappy tunnel thing and told me about the lights, that is why I never went there. Haha

Elizebeth D.L. said...

you know what? I brought my fren to the bund last night, took the same set of pictures as you!! kekeke...

Yes, very tired.

She bought 3 scarfs, I bought 1. End up shopping on myself also everytime I bring visitor to the bund area:)

Purple~MushRooM said...

Pisang: Thank you. Yes, it is alligator snapping turtle. Why issit harmful to human? Maybe I shld read more about it.

Huei: Yeah.... its one exhibition that will never happen in MY.

Princess: Yeah man.. crappy tunnel. Nothing to see. And yet they advertise like its something that we can have so much fun doing it. Kena tipu!

Elizebeth: I think most ppl who go to the Bund will take similar pictures. She bought 3 scarfs from where?? The Bund??

Unknown said...

I like the tunnel, so nice! The sex culture things... hahaha, I think you damn like it... LOL