Our first stop is at Milan and visited the most striking feature of the city, i.e. the Duomo, the large, white-marble cathedral. It is really beautiful and amazing. This cathedral was partly destroyed during the WWII and rebuilt after the war. It was huge. Milan is also the great place for shopping with a lot of posh, branded boutiques. This is where I bought my Gucci bag and wallet.
Truly amazing architecture but there was removation and maintenance works going on so the 2 signboards by the side spoilt the view.
Inside the church. Another huge church!
We spent most of the time walking around this city before going for another lousy chinese dinner in Milan and then head back to our hotel and prepare for the next city stop.
The second day in Italy brought us to Venice. Venice is special because it is indeed a water city. No other transport could enter this city except by boat or ship. We took the Gondola ride down the canal. Honestly, I find nothing extra special or exciting about the gondola ride. I think the Suzhou canal ride is much more beautiful. No joke. I am not pro-china, but indeed, I prefer the Suzhou canal ride.
Plenty of pigeons at the St Mark’s Square. On this square is the St Mark’s church.
The colorful mask of Venice used for some special festival. They are so beautiful and I was so tempted to buy one but it was too expensive. 80 euro for one, equivalent to RM400 for a mask.
Third stop in Italy is Florence. Florence is a total waste of time as it’s all about shopping, shopping, and shopping for the cheenas!! At least, we visited the Gothic cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore. This is another church. I didn’t enter this church as I was getting bored with church visits. But the church building is another amazing architecture! Very beautiful.
We also saw a human statue, where if you throw some money to them, they started moving and make faces at you. Funner!
Then we went to the Piazza della Signoria where we can see many sculptures, one of them the famous naked ‘David’.
Florence's David sculpture... nothing much in to see in Florence except this naked piece of sculpture. Nice meh?
The next day, we went to Rome and visited the Vatican City's Piazza San Pietro and Basillica. Holly COW!!! This is the most amazing church I have seen in this entire trip! Humongous!!! I was like ‘wah!’ here and there when I went into the church.
Very HUGE!!!
Then we went to visit the Fontana di Trevi. This is the famous wishing fountain in Rome where I can see many people tossing coins into the fountain to wish. I did not do that. My life is good enough and nothing more for me to wish for. I am complacent. :)
The cheena wanted to shop again (sigh!) and we went to the Piazza di Spagna where all the designer label boutiques are there. I bought another Gucci bag. Haha! I just love Gucci design, not so much an LV person.
The famous Piazza di Spagna or Spanish Steps.
The final day in Rome brought us to the Colleseum. Amazing! I can’t understand why this thing was built as it was used for barbaric games like killing between the humans with humans and humans with beasts. I wonder how many lives were taken inside this stadium.
I was pretty upset with my visit here because there wasn’t enough time. I didn’t get to enter the Colleseum because the queue was too long and we gotta rush to the airport to catch the flight back to Frankfurt. We don't even have time to visit the ancient temples and forums. All because the cheena want to spend more time shopping, so unfair. They even want to shop at supermarket and Carrefour! So stupid!
Not enough time in Rome. I want to visit Rome again for a free and easy tour. I can easily spend 1 day in Colleseum itself, admiring its beauty and understanding its history. Will be back to Rome someday!


8 comments:
Nice pics ler!!!!
Did you see the evening Duomo?? How did you go up to the Duomo roof top? Did you pay for the elevator? hehe
Did you buy any mask in Venice then? Did you sit at the cafe, enjoy your coffee/wine/beer with the live band? Did you see the leng chai policeman wear Giorgio Armani?
Seems like the weather not really good! It was raining eh..?
miss it...
I really like their architecture design of buildings, the structure design also not as simple as now days. Imagine their workmanships and engineering really far beyond than now.
Too bad you got no time to go into the Colleseum, I really wish can go in future. Thanks for sharing.
ROME.... haha a place suitable for you and me :P Yeah, Greece is great. Did you went to Turkey this time? Oh, Italy is a place I wanna go too. Aiks, so many places I want to go and yet to go....
Woah! Nice post! Very informatic for me.Any more???Have a nice day!
I like the Colleseum the most. I think it is one of the Seven Wonders, isn't it?
eh I like the first 4 photos. I love that building:)
WOW!! AMAZING!!!
i wana go rome!!!!!!!!!!! my dream vacation!! so coolll!!!
u went on a free n easy trip or tour?
yeah, miss the en dow policeman who wore Giorgio Armani as uniform, miss sitting by the riverside with lager on hand, expensive though. and. yeah, 5 euro if u wanna to sit in a cafe with live music.
Doumo, what a place. sure will go to italy again, but will be rome next time, and florence..wait for me, i m coming
Post a Comment