This tiny crab is not cheap... RMB168 per crab! Thats RM80 per crab!
This is the served crab. They put the whole crab to steam alive! Thought of it very kesian also. They die a painful death in the wok. :(


Hairy crabs basically have no meat to eat because they are too tiny. Just a little meat but the main reason people eat this crab is for its eggs.
There are some steps in eating hairy crab. First, you must remove the shell and eat the eggs.
Then, you break the crab into 2 and start eating the eggs inside. After eating the eggs, you can then eat the meat from the crab legs.
Eating this crab is very susah ok.. because it is too skinny and not much meat. It a skill to try to dig out all the meat from the skinny legs. Too tiring...
See Eric's face... so susah. More like the crab eat him than he eating the crab! Haha!....
Real Yangcheng lake hairy crab are really hairy. Look at the hair...
This is my crab.. all broken up. Lucky I have my hubby to help me tear the crab apart.
Took so long to eat one crab... finally done eating.

Conclusion: Hairy crab is nothing.. NOTHING close to what we can get from home. I truly prefer and enjoy our Seremban Siew Hai and PJ Butter crabs more than this tiny and expensive and meatless Yangcheng Lake hairy crab.
So, this may be my first and last time to eat hairy crab, unless someone belanja me. Nothing special and too expensive.
.







17 comments:
it's good to try new stuff...but i think the crab is really expensive lah..one crab for RM80?? somemore need to so susah-susah eat it..
Is that so called Dai Chap Hai?
wah! RM80 EACH for only their eggs??
on ur 3rd photo..at the legs there..that part looks so scary! last time i ate a crab like that..duno y that part seems so turning off >.<
come back eat salty egg crab!!! very very very yummy!!!
aiyo u post about crab..princess eileen oso post about crab..i wannN!!!! hehehehe =D
Eric was siting next to me, but I never realized he was eating it with such susah look!! hahahahaha... I must show bui bui this pic:p
oi, got sikit meat lah, I kinda like the hairy crab this round:> But still, if put both hairy crab and butter crab in front of me, I will pick butter crab without hesitation!
Shopaholicfern: Yes, expensive. Because they say this is the original and real yangcheng lake hairy crabs.
Min Hui: Yes, dai chap hai. Not dai at all... but really small.
Huei: The hair is indeed a bit turn off. According to Elizebeth DL, if we eat the female crab, lagi turn off. More hair inside!!
Elizebeth DL: Nothing beats our crab back home!
Hahaha... should try the snow crab. Bloody expensive, but damn nice :D I eat a lot of sri lanka crabs too, muahahaha... so crappy :P
this is wat the HK ppl call tai chap hai right? where you only eat the 'koh'...basically all the cholestrol... very very very bad
eh... where is this seremban siew hai? cannot find it la.
piece of crap.....hahaha!!!
Hairy crab, looks sexy wor, got hair one... kekeke
heard that those eggs are tasty, diff from msian ones.....but i still like the crab dish cooked with in spicy sauce that comes with the roti bakar
wahlau..everyone is talkin about hairy crabs..they hav started to sell it in malaysia..i want to eat...
Ya, hometown crabs taste much better and more meats
Yesterday I had crabs too ... at Lake Club Restaurant; wasn't good!!!! I will go to King's crab Restaurant next week to try out.
Princess Eileen: If you compare the size of the crabs, I think the Hairy is more expensive per gram compared to the Snow crab.
Zewt: Yes.. it is Tai Chap Hai. And I thought it was supposed to be very big!
Anonymous: You are right. Its really a piece a crap!
Kenny: You like? Next time I order the female ones for you... full of hair!
Johnny Ong: Don't temp me with the home chilli crab with roti bakar. I love it!!!
Joe: Issit in Malaysia?? How much are they selling it for? I don't think it will have a market because we have better crabs back home.
Jam: Agree!
Maverick: Eh.. save some for me. I miss our home crabs.
Wah RM80 I can have 2kilo's of crab with hamtan lor......wah seing da egg really makes me water liew liew lor !!!
how i wish i can have a chance to taste hairy crab
Post a Comment