Today is a special day. 08.08.08 Many people are getting married today and in China, the Beijing Olympics starts tonight at 8.08pm. I set my morning alarm to wake up at 8.08am this morning. Nah… joking. I’m not that crazy about this number.
I asked my colleagues if they were excited about the games and to my surprise, many of them don’t even care. The answer that they gave me was: “Maybe Hu Jintao and Wen Jiabao cares, but not me”. Many of them are hoping for this game to be over soon, and I can understand why. China has imposed heavy security just for the Olympics. Deliveries of parcels are delayed; security checks at subways, all stalls at subway stations are closed for this period, etc. There is just too much hassle.
My Project Manager has arranged for a pre-olympics team session today, and we could go home after lunch. Silly arrangement… I’d rather stay in office than go out for some pre-olympics game under the hot summer sun. He must be cuckoo!
Anyway, I’m gonna glued myself to the TV tonight at 8pm to watch the Olympics opening. I think it’s gonna be a good one. Happy Olympics everyone!
.


5 comments:
Let's celebrate. Olympic is in China. I'm Chinese, though not a citizen of China but I should be proud of my ancestor homeland. It's my root!
Yes !! All chinese in the world should feel proud ! so I watched in Japan too but it was in Japanese explaination . Cheers for all chinese !
surprising... surprising indeed. i tot chinese would be proud of it.
Yes, cheers for the chinese! Am proud too!
Zewt, they are proud. But they are just not as excited as I thought they would.
msians r all very excited i guess..the traffic jam to rush home n watch the opening! heheh
Post a Comment