Friday, August 22, 2008

A Fun Gathering

Last night, I met up with Eric, Elizebeth DL, Eileen and Kenny Ng at Secret Recipe, Sri Petaling. This is the first time I met Kenny and he looks a little bit different from his pics. He is much better looking in person!

The first thing I saw when I reached was a whole lot of chocolates on the table. Kenny brought these back from Dubai.



Kenny gave me a Dubai souvenir... thanks Kenny, it's really sweet of you! Sorry I takda Shanghai souvenir.



For some reason, we started exchanging namecards. Why eh? Seems like we have known each other for quite some time liao. But guess who works for TNS co? We laughed when we saw this and you can guess why:

Here's Kenny and Eileen with me.

I ordered my all time favourite tomyam noodle and finished all the soup.

Here's Eric.

We shared 1 chocolate banana cake for dessert, but we were all too full to even finish one piece of cake. I had my Oreo milk shake which was really filling. Fattening too. Regret ordering that.


We had a really good chat and talked about cameras. I almost lost my mind again and wanted to get the Panasonic camera, the one that Kenny was having. Eric asked me if I need him to slap me and prevent me from spending more hard earned money. Thank you Eric. I have come to my senses and did not buy that camera. :)



How to spot a blogger? Easy... when you see people taking pictures of everything... like this:


We talked about handphones too and arranged all the Sony Ericsson phones on the table.



We had a lot of fun talking about the life experiences in SH, Dubai and Malaysia. We talked about going places and about our country, its' economy, politics, etc.


It was a really fun gathering.

Eileen: You didn't change. Still the same fun Eileen whom I know in SH, except that you are slimmer and prettier now.

Kenny: It's rare that we have this chance for meeting up, since we are working in different countries. It was nice to have finally met you in person. Take care in Dubai!

Eric: Remember, 080808 is gone now. We are now waiting for your big day in 090909! Take care my friend!

Elizebeth DL: See you back in SH! I know you can't wait to go back. Hehe.
.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Very fast to update la u... Really had fun with u all, I was so worried will have a quiet session, mana tau all talked till close shop... haha

Take care well while u back to SH yah. Nice meeting you

Anonymous said...

hahaha...ChauOn asked me to keep an eye on you!!!! you know you looked like nearly losing your 'consciousness' again when Kenny talked about the camera...


sure, i will try to do something to 'make it happen' nextyear

thanks Aigie! hope that you had a good trip back in KL!

zewt said...

TNS.... hahahaha....


send my regards to elizabeth. hope the family is holding well.

Horny Ang Moh said...

wah! Nice gathering! He! He! I wander what u will say if I pass u my name card 'HAM Sexpect Poker'!!!!

Eileen said...

Hehehe... I gonna blog about it soon too. It was really a great gathering. I am so happy we all met up and mingle so well!!!

Proves another thing: Age doesn't matter. Wukakaka

Eileen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eileen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

So, you gals were coming back for holidays? BTW, I had transferred my blog to this new domain, http://lifeislikethat.com. Please add the new link to your blogroll if had added me previously. My new feed is http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifeislikethat/AHNd. Thanks.

:: Nicole.F :: said...

why no one ask me for the gathering wan??? :'(

Purple~MushRooM said...

Kenny: Nice meeting you too. You take care back in Dubai.

Eric: All the best in your task! We are waiting!

Zewt: I was trying to get you to meet up too. But couldn't get you online the night before.

Horny: Take a pic of your namecard and post it on your blog ma!

Eileen: You are right. We had fun just like old times!

Jam: Thanks for the update. Will visit soon.

Nicole: Oppss... next round, ok?

Huei said...

hhehe i like the how to spot bloggers part =P