FYI, China television broadcasted the opening preparation documentary as well as the press conference to interview the group of directors, namely the famous Zhang Yimou. That was truly the interesting part as I get to know who, what, why and how they did this and that.
China broadcasting editor is a stupid asshole. And why do I say that? I don’t know about broadcaster all over the world, but what we see from China television does not truly show the beauty of the opening ceremony.
First, we did not get to see the total stage area where the welcome words are projected.



Next, the historical picture scroll part was entirely focused on the middle, whereas we are supposed to see the full picture to get the idea of ancient art.

The most attractive part of Zhang Yimou’s work of art for this background effect was completely omitted. The broadcast asshole focused entirely on the dancing girl in the middle. No wonder I was falling asleep during this performance.
The effect of the thousands of scholars. On television it was all on closed up angle and we don’t get this effect.




This is the saddest of all. I don’t remember seeing any part of this beautiful peach blossom. None at all on television!!

Again, the part where the historical picture scroll has failed to be shown on television. The synchronization of the tens of thousands of kung fu master was truly an amazing piece of work. I did not see this total picture on TV. It was such a waste!


The thousands of smiling faces which was not shown on TV.
The fireworks displays of Olympic logo at Tiananmen Square.

Many Chinese complained about the China broadcasting company for failing to broadcast the best of the Olympics opening. When I was watching the opening on TV, I complaint to my hubby on why the camera was focusing on the audience and the closed up of the performers, whereas this is truly an amazing work of art to be appreciated in full view. If director Zhang Yimou reviews this version of his art from television point of view, I think he will be very sad.
.





8 comments:
wow... you're right... if only the camera show more of the big picture.
What do you think of this article -http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/olympics/2534499/Beijing-Olympic-2008-opening-ceremony-giant-firework-footprints-faked.html ?
watt? they didn't show those on tv?? ceh!!
but sure does look amazing!
Zewt: Indeed... very very high quality production by director Zhang Yimou.
Annonymous: It's not fake. Some of the fireworks shown on TV are 'simulated' simply because it was too dangerous for a helicopter to fly through for the shooting of the fireworks. If you are in Beijing, you will see the real thing as simulated on TV.
Huei: You didn't watch?
i missed the opening. i was partying in velvet....the club was very quiet la. guessed everyone was at home glued to the tv. then i regret how come i was in the club....sigh!! blame in all on frens who came from sg for visit and wanted to club:(
We too only see the chinese part of the welcome words! I think it's all the same source world wide?! Too bad!
i like ur header!
Winn: You should have watched it. It was good.
CC: No, it's not the same everywhere. I saw the NBC version and that was much, much better than China's CCTV version. China still lacking of experience here.
Renaye: Thanks!
Post a Comment