Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Thief at Work

My laptop bag went missing. For the past 1 year, I was stationed at level 26 of United Plaza on Nanjing West Road. I left my laptop adapter, mouse and network cable lying on the table and the laptop bag lying on the floor all the time. Even at times when I was away for weeks, nothing happened. Last week, I moved down to level 5. I was placed at such an inconvenient location where everyone could see my screen. Darn! No privacy! Within a few days, I realized my laptop bag was gone! What??? Why would someone wanna steal a Dell, empty and ugly laptop bag???

I reported the loss to the security guard. He wanted me to write him a report. I was like… ‘Tiu… isn’t that your job?’ He insisted that I give him a written report. I told him that I couldn’t write Mandarin, that I can only write a report in English and he wouldn’t understand anyway. He asked me to get someone else to write it. WTF??? My friend suggested me to give him 10 Yuan and get him to kau-tim it for me. Huh? You think I will give someone 10 Yuan to write a stupid report that doesn’t even guarantee the return of the bag? Forget it! I can live without a stupid laptop bag!

To the thief who stole the bag… I hope you had fun ‘playing’ with that piece of shit! I made a complaint... I am moving back to level 26... yay!
.

7 comments:

zewt said...

looks like china and malaysia quite the same eh? :) ....

sam jiu ler...

Purple~MushRooM said...

Zewt: Yes.. the same... sam jiu.
I am finally back at level 26. Yay! Peaceful! People on level 26 are mostly foreigners. Air is fresher, no toilet hogging, cleaner, even the tea lady is more cheerful.
Level 5 is like... working area. Crowded, hot, silly girls hogging the toilet (dunno what they doing inside).. and there are thieves!

Elizebeth D.L. said...

my ugly dell laptop also lying on the floor 95% of the time (the other 5% is when I go for business trip). After you mentioned this incident, I had a glance at it. Still safely sitting on the floor. hahahaa...

so nice, lost a laptop bag can go back to 26th floor. So, it is worthwhile after all. hahahaa;)

Huei said...

yayyy luckily u're back in level 26!

ugh..yea..i guess humans are more or less the same..lazy!!

Eileen said...

Maybe the guard is the one who took it. Muahahaha....

Eh, Shanghai is no safer than Malaysia anymore. I should forward you gals the email I got about that guy who took money from the ATM at nanjing road opposite of Kerry Center and go to Tong Ren Lu for drinks at night. He got attack by the beggars (mum with kids & babies). They repeatedly attack his head and he have to receive 20 stitches after that. The first taxi dun dare to fetch him.

Oh well, and remember one of our fren's house got broke in.

Pick pockets are common. I know 2 Malaysian gals personally who got pick pockets.

Muahahaha... I am just comforting myself since I going back to the dangerous KL....

Horny Ang Moh said...

Seem that Shanghai is going to be like bolehland. Have a nice day.

Kidd said...

I think, in any city, there are bound to be some criminal activities; this is unavoidable.

It is great that you bump unto my blog, which had been quite inactive for some time.

Can't imagine time goes by so fast, it had been quite a while since we last corresponded, ya?

I see that you are having a swell time in Shanghai, must be quite interesting working and living there. As for me, I had never step foot in China before, hoping to do so some time in the future.