Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Regular

I see her almost every week, sometimes almost daily. Today, I saw her again and I managed to capture her picture.

She is the regular child beggar on Metro Line 2. This morning, she was kneeling, asking for donation / money from the people on the train. I wish someone or some authority could do something about these child beggars in China. This girl is supposed to be at school instead of doing this! I always wonder if her parents asked her to do this, or was she being sold away for do this job?


While I was returning home today, I saw her again! This time, in a different attire. Seems like she went home and took a shower cause she looks much cleaner in the evening. Didn't manage to take her picture this time. I saw her knocking her head to a girl's leg... begging for money. Then she did the same to another guy. So far, I didn't see anyone donating anything to her. Maybe this is too normal in the chinese daily routine. I pity this little girl.
.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate beggars, u know there are many beggars are damn rich?

zewt said...

it's a pity indeed. i wont be surprise her parents make her do it.

pisang goreng 115,NF said...

why knee down to beg?
paralysis from knee kar?

same as kenny I also HATE begger

Elizebeth D.L. said...

I saw similar age beggars at one of the terminal stop one day. 5 of them. At the 3rd last stop, they decided to take a rest and get together. YOu will be amazed how fast they change their attitude and facial expression. It's like "finally we get to rest. Fuck all the passengers, give us so little money."

I was shaking my head at that time. What a waste. They should be at the school.

Eileen said...

I saw that girl before!!! (many times). Cut her hair liao...

Huei said...

poor thing..probably her parents made her doit!

shouldn't give her any money..so hopefully her parents will think of other ways to make money

sometimes it's hard not to donate as well..since she MIGHT get hit if she goes home with no money...or if she got kidnapped and forced into begging..what's becoming of this world!?

Anonymous said...

get someone nice enough to go and report it to the authorities? Consequences might be that she'll have a harder life, but at least... it's the right thing to do?

Purple~MushRooM said...

Kenny: Yes, i read about some beggars are damn rich. I wonder how?

Zewt: I think so too. I think its her job!

Pisang goreng: She's not paralysed. She just kneel to beg.

Elizebeth: Really har? Seems like its an organization then. Like Beggar Organization of Shanghai.

Princess Eileen: Line 2 ma... both of us same line, thats why we see her.

Huei: Yup, I think thats her job. And probably get some scolding if she doesnt meet the quota for the day.

Johny: I'm not sure if someone can be that kind enough. Afterall.. plenty of them here. Its hard to contro.

Horny Ang Moh said...

Count uself lucky that ur life is better then others! But then some 'begger' is richer the u! Have a nice day

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am not commenting about the beggar but would like to comment about purple mushroom. After i commented that she is so vulgar i see her not putting anymore bad words.

CONGRATS Purple Mushroom, you are back to yourself.

Don't let the environment change you.

Purple~MushRooM said...

Horny: Yes, we are lucky ppl.

Anonymous: Hahaha.. no use la. I will be back to swearing later. Hahaha.

Junie: Welcome to my blog. I will visit yours soon. Bloody busy with traveling now.

Anonymous said...

Heard of these child beggars in China from my mum. Asked my Chinese friends about it, they said that these children (take note: most of them are girls) are probably abandoned babies picked up by a syndicate that operates such horrible stuffs.