Happy Merdeka!!! It's a very boring day today because I have to work here in Shanghai and everyone on my MSN list is offline. Not many KL friends to chat with and most of the blogs are on holiday too. Boring...
I went out with Ash for dinner today at DeMarco for Italian cuisine. While I was there, I took a complimentary magazine and have a look through. There was a page for learning Mandarin and Shanghainese language. It was a lesson for bargaining.


I went out with Ash for dinner today at DeMarco for Italian cuisine. While I was there, I took a complimentary magazine and have a look through. There was a page for learning Mandarin and Shanghainese language. It was a lesson for bargaining.
I learnt that if I wanna say: I'm just having a look
In mandarin it would be: Wo zhi shi kan kan (我只是看看)
In Shanghainese, it would be: Jiu ku ku jiao.
Now I know... I can proudly use this Kukujiao word in Shanghai. Well... take a closer KUKUJIAO!


10 comments:
wakakkaka.... jiu kukujiao mean take a spot light point to the kukujiao!
Hehehe... should have learn this earlier... coz I always say this in mandarin. I should have exercise my shanghainese language :P
*laughing at kennys comment*
hahahhahhahha
really very unique english they have there!! hehehe
HAHHAA, let's go to any store to have our kukujiao statement together this weekend!!!
Kenny: I never thought about that wor... hahaha! Yeah man.. shine at the kukujiao.
Princess Eileen: Should have known that earlier, huh!
Huei: I have yet to know how to actually pronounce the Kukujiao word. I hope its not a typo.
Elizebeth: Ok.. we go. And you said it out loud ok? Can you first ask your Shanghainese collegues how to pronounce that first?
oi, how hard to pronounce kukujiao wor, just add another "jiu" in front of it lah. kekekkeke...
we damn kuning..
He! He! Have a nice day!
Hello there my name is soo, jiu ku ku jiao here.
For your blog, i'm loving it. all the best
Come to ku ku jiao at my blog too, haha!
I was curious about your nick as Purple mushroom and always wonder whys that. So i started to ku ku jiao your blog and found that you are such an interesting person !! When you mentioned about getting the vibrator I thought i read it wrong and I went back to read again to confirm because I am sure I read it correct. Guess what my collegue is from shanghai so I guess i can use this kiu ku ku jiao everyday because we both too boring in the office till we always read chinese magazines. She will always show me something then I will try to say to her " jiu ku ku jiu" .. its not a difficult sentence at all..even aunty uncle from malaysia definately know how to say this.
Post a Comment